Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: UK South East Ninth Annual Convoy & Meet Event 24th May 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Guys,
    Here are the answers you have been waiting for.. if you managed to answer two out of three then you did remarkably well, but if you managed three out of three you should consider entering our quiz on our Facebook group, and getting the recognition you deserve as one of ourt most knowledgable attendees...
    Question 1 - 1981
    Question 2 - XK120
    Question 3 - 6222cc
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jaguar S-Type 2.7TD SE 2007
    102,000 miles - Purchased April 2017
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998
    75,000 miles - Purchased April 2015, sold February 2017
    Jaguar X-Type 2.5 Classic (manual 5sp. all wheel drive) 2002

Jaguar XJ8 Sport 3.2 1998

(www.jaguarforumsUK.com -The Great British Day Out for Jaguar Owners)

Post Thanks / Like
    Our event's Christmas competiton closes to entries this weekend, and if you register for our next event before the end of November you are entered into it for free! So go on, why not treat your Jaguar to a great day out, and you could well be receiving a present from Santa for your Jaguar in time for Christmas..
    Also please keep an eye on our event website as we have a great Black Friday deal for anyone wanting to register - full details can be found on our event website and Facebook group.
    Plus, don't forget event attendees can also claim discounts on the incredible luggage by BagWorld and the only wash system I swear by - the Scratchshield wash system
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    It's Friday! And this week has just gone so fast..

Historically this is the quietest time of the year for events, but when has our event ever been your typical event?

Ok we not only have the Bag-World discount code in place for those of you considering getting some gorgeous bespoke luggage for your Jaguar, but we also have a Christmas exclusive discount in place for those of you struggling to keep your Jaguar clean in all this wet weather, courtesy of Scratchshield - a company I swear by, having used their wash system on all my Jaguars (and the C1 school run car) for years now. So if you want some time away and need luggage, and a clean Jaguar - we have you covered

The number of attendees signed up for our next, biggest ever event, is still steadily growing which is absolutely fantastic, and if you look at our event website at www.jaguarforumsuk.com you can even get a Black Friday deal, all weekend, on registration.

Our Christmas competition giving you the chance to win one of two Scratchshield wash systems or a Robornes Car Care Hamper, closes to entries this weekend - and if you register for our next event you will be entered into it free.. giving your Jaguar a chance at it's own present from Santa

Our 2020 Gallery is growing but we are still missing a few piccies.. if you haven't sent in a piccie, and a few details of your Jaguar yet, please, please consider doing so as it is great if everyone can see what Jaguars they can meet on the day, before the day.. another way in which our event is different to most If you have one of the following Access Passes, you haven't popped a picture across yet 002, 004, 009, 010, 012, 017, 029, 032, 034, 036, 041, 042, 045, 047, & 049.. just email any pics and descriptive text to gallery@jaguarforumsuk.com and I will get them popped up in our gallery.

Finally, I have just received official notification the the JEC (East & West Sussex) will be running a club stand on the day as well as a club allocation area, which is great news.
    And the very final reminder for you... Please remember our Christmas competition closes this weekend

Ok here are the stat's you have been waiting patiently for, likely trying to stay awake through the text above

Our forum threads have amassed an incredible 14,828 hits so far
    Our Twitter feed is stable with 617 followers
    Our Instagram feed is still growing with 554 followers now
    We have 50 Jaguars registered for our next event and 92 attendees
    We have 18 official sponsors
    We have 5 awards confirmed so far with more to come
    We have 8 Trade stands booked
    We have 4 club/forum stands booked

Have an incredible Jaguar weekend Guys
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a cold and frosty Monday morning (and no sign of frosty the snowman) so let's warm ourselves up with our weekly Jaguar Trivia Quiz Peter Simpson has been kind enough to supply the questions this week and the answers will be posted up on Tuesday for you

1. The XE was announced in 2014 as an aluminium intensive compact Jaguar. How much aluminium made up the body?
    A. 71% B. 75% C. 80%

2. The XK66 was a limited edition model produced in 2014 for which market?
    A. Germany B. USA C. Japan

3. In 2004 the 17 inch Cayman wheel design was the standard fitment to which model?
    A. X-Type SE B. XK8 C. S-Type Saloon
    Last edited by SteveSheldon; 02-12-19 at 08:50.
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Guys,

This weeks quiz was an interesting one, really testing everyones knowledge of Jaguar.. a massive Thankyou to Peter Simpson of the JBC for this weeks questions.

Here are the answers for you:
    Q1 - B 75%
    Q2 - A Germany
    Q3 - A X-Type SE

If you got two out of three right, you are already one ahead of me, and if you got all three right - really well done
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Guys, I am not around tomorrow for our usual Friday Stats day, so I am running things past everyone a day early this week..

Welcome to a stats Thursday (yep, definitely does not have the same ring to it.. sigh)

This week, there has been quite a bit going on regarding our event, disproving the theory that Christmas time is a dead period for Jaguar events

We ran a Black Friday promotion, which a few attendees took advantage of so will definitely be running it again next year for everyone.

Our Christmas competition drew to a close. We had three incredible prizes consisting of 2 x Scratchshield Two-bucket wash systems, and 1 x Robornes Car Care Hamper up for grabs and they were won by Jane Weitzmann, Stephen Haynes, and Farhad Alerasoul - huge congratulations to all three of them, and I hope they enjoy their deliveries from Santa

We already have more people signed up for our next event than ever before for this time of year! Plus we already have a Project 7, a Project 8, and an XJ220 signed up with us which is fantastic.

I have also been persuaded to start introducing our event to key people that are either in Jaguar, or have been in the past, to see if I can locate any of the rarer or more unusual Jaguars, or garner support for our event.. I am somewhat nervous of doing this, as I still do not see our event as being that big, or well known yet, but have started making enquiries and will let you all know if we do get any feedback. Equally if you have any contacts within Jaguar that you think we should be in contact with please let me know and I will follow up on things.

Things regarding our event should start to quieten down a little over the Christmas period, allowing me a little more family time, but will then pick up in January as I make a start on locating another 250 Jaguars to join us on the day lol.. I know, big plans (as always) but with the help of everyone involved with our event I am sure we can manage it. Our event registration process, and marshalling methods have all been updated for our next event, we have improved signage, and are working on a host of background infrastructure to make sure that you have the best ever grassroots Jaguar day out

Please have a fantastic Jaguar weekend everyone.. and watch this space - we have so much on the go, and lots of news to come
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

Welcome to this weeks mini quiz.. Peter Simpson has excelled himself this week with questions themed on Jaguar Prototypes - a massive Thankyou to him!
    I have tried them myself and did not get even one right lol - so if you manage one right or better this week you are way more knowledgeable about Jaguar than me

1. The XK180 was revealed in October 1998 at which Motor Show?
    A. Paris B. Detroit C. NEC Birmingham

2. The XJ41/42 were potential replacements for the XJ-S and fitted with a highly modified AJ16 turbocharged engine. They did not make it into production but what was their estimated top speed?
    A. 160mph B. 170mph C. 180mph

3. In 1994 Jaguar SVO built a V12 XJ40 Coupé concept car. Compared to the saloon car its wheelbase was?
    A. Longer B. Shorter C. The same

The answers will be posted Tuesday or possibly Wednesday this week - GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
    Formerly:
    Jaguar XJ8 Sport 1998

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011