Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: X Tyoe: complete snotter or future classic?

Post Thanks / Like

X Tyoe: complete snotter or future classic?

I fall into the former: I'm on my second X: my first being a 2.5 SE auto. I bought my current model as a commuting beast of burden: new job, more salary, lost company car. Decision: buy something new and pile miles on or something older where miles didn't matter. Enter the Sov! Now at 130k, all works, drives like nearly new.

A guy at work in our drawing office: a car enthusiast now in his seventies and owner of an M BMW thinks my car is a beaut: to quote: last of the proper Jags. Discounts all the Clarkson Mondeo crap.
    2.2D X Type Sovereign. 57 reg, Indigo blue metallic. 118k when bought mid August, now at 130k. Everything works! (So far....) Niggly jobs and servicing sorted, but always something to do for a tinkerer! New MoT with no advisories.

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clarkson did he ever tell the truth
    2005 x type 2.0D estate sport in black

Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair... Clarkson did rather like the X-Type, at least in the two videos I remember...

X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 80K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

5. Likes rchiv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is that my X type attracted a lot of attention when I first drove it to work.
    ‘Classic looks’ ‘retro’ ‘timeless’ were the mutterings - mostly form the French contingent of colleagues.
    Even the security fellow now fancies one & he’s had his ‘80’s Merc Coupe since new.
    Previously I have had cars that have provoked a ‘just what is it?/oh!/yawn response.
    This Jag is a 56 plate X-type 2.0d Sport manual with parking sensors, 18” Aruba wheels, midnight pearl metallic paint, warm charcoal leather seats, grey interior, piano black dash and a Bury CC9060 ​Music Bluetooth unit.
    My other Jag is a ZX-7R

Post Thanks / Like
    its the admiring glances from middle aged ladies in the carpark at waitrose that I like.
    Metallic Red 2006 2.2 Sport in poverty spec

I agree with roger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
    its the admiring glances from middle aged ladies in the carpark at waitrose that I like.
    they’re probably working out how many bags of shopping they can get in your boot.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 80K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

9. Thanks XMan2002 thanked for this post
    Likes Sone, Lost it, Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love my little X type, 2.2d Sport Premium and one of the last on a late 58 plate.

It's actually my wife's car, bought from my son when he decided to sell as she was too good to let out the family and into god knows who's hands, she was also a stable mate for my XJ X358 ( Sort of like big brother, wee brother setup )

They were a lovely matching pair on the drive way.

On a late 58 plate and at only a tad over 87k miles she's very low mileage for her age and in good condition generally.
    Rear wheel bearings, brakes all round and new tyres last year, front wheel bearings, drop link, gearbox / brake and power steering fluid change this year and wheels literally just being refurbished means she's in good shape.

I'll be doing a few other smaller jobs to her shortly and then a little detail / clay bar / polish etc will finish her off.

She gets lots of nice compliments and comments and my wife loves her to bits. For my money a highly under rated car and definitely a future classic

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

11. Likes MarkFY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the X type..

Fancy a nice light blue 3.0 SE
    MY 2005 jaguar S type SE Radiance Red 3.0 "Tweaked"
    MY 2001 Range Rover P38 4.6 Vogue Monte Carlo Blue LPG
    MY 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5

“Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.”

13. Likes MarkFY, JimC64, YORKSHIREMAN1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry_B View Post
    Love the X type..

Fancy a nice light blue 3.0 SE
    To compliment your red S type of course, good choice

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Love my little X type, 2.2d Sport Premium and one of the last on a late 58 plate.

It's actually my wife's car, bought from my son when he decided to sell as she was too good to let out the family and into god knows who's hands, she was also a stable mate for my XJ X358 ( Sort of like big brother, wee brother setup )

They were a lovely matching pair on the drive way.

On a late 58 plate and at only a tad over 87k miles she's very low mileage for her age and in good condition generally.
    Rear wheel bearings, brakes all round and new tyres last year, front wheel bearings, drop link, gearbox / brake and power steering fluid change this year and wheels literally just being refurbished means she's in good shape.

I'll be doing a few other smaller jobs to her shortly and then a little detail / clay bar / polish etc will finish her off.

She gets lots of nice compliments and comments and my wife loves her to bits. For my money a highly under rated car and definitely a future classic

Jim
    It is a good looking car, there is no doubt, but it’s also great fun to drive too.

We’re at opposite ends of the spectrum, with me having one of the early ones, from 2001. Did I say, it passed its MOT today. yay!

16. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast