Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What service? A or B

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Jumping to conclusions
    Why ��������
    maybe you would like to explain why you would change the plugs before the recommended service,?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well some are Really fussy When it comes to car Maintenance , they are Way ahead of the rest of us , Take Frank for instance . Man Bestows Love on His car . and we all Admire him for Doing so . He puts the rest of us to Shame and others like Him might say change out spark plugs at say 60,000 miles

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    When a lot younger and after passing My test , my Father Encouraged me to Look after my First car. small 3 Door Fiesta Lol since I do try my best. check oil Level and all fluids weekly . Usual Sunday morning after Breakfast and I can locate All service Item's on my car . can you say the same

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jimbo say's fuel filter needs changing after 60,000 mile in his car , doing Further Research on his . not so easy. its in Fuel tank

Post Thanks / Like
    Buddy I think that neither you or I should be high jacking this thread because of our opinions and as such I feel that it’s only right to agree to disagree however it’s you’re choice

6. Likes buddy liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am Lucky . as I open Bonnet , oil . air , fuel filter in xfs are right in front of me in Engine bay . not Meaning to Hijack sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefbeefbeef View Post
    Good info Jimbo thanks.

I just work to the 12 mth schedule as I donít do loads of miles. My first service in my 3 years of ownership was a main dealer so Iíd didnít quiz them. The second service was a JAG Indy and I likewise didnít quiz him although he did change the plugs as well as the other A stuff. In truth I donít think he knew the difference between A and B but looks like very little from your post. So Iím now due a service and may well take it to him again.

Weirdly there is not much of a breakdown of the items you mention in the service book. Also weirdly the service book is a generic book for several types of Jaguar (however the main thing for me is seeing that all is present and correct ie stamped).
    https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthre...55#post1185255 Post number 2.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Would you Attempt your Own?
    The oil and filter changes are not difficult. Brake pads, discs and fluid are like any other car. Most of the checks are easy enough.

Plugs and belts might be more involved but could be within the abilities of many home mechanics.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

10. Likes buddy liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    All Easy provided you know What your Doing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    Basically, your car needs an 'A' or 'B' service every 10k miles and/or 12 months.
    With the mileage these card typically do, that probably means every 12 months...
    They are basically oil/filter changes + a bunch of inspections.
    The only difference between them is the 'B' service adds:
    - Check Battery water and replace pollen (cabin) air filter.
    Had my B service recently and they confirmed that the difference was the pollen filter being replaced. Main dealer price was £350, including video inspection of the underside of the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12