Thread: Jaguar Sport 8J x16 Alloy Wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Jaguar Sport 8J x16 Alloy Wheels

Does any one know the part number for the wheel centre cap used on the Jaguar Sport 11 Slot alloy wheels with part number SPC 1198.
    I have just fitted a set to a 1996 XJS convertible, but the problem is that the front centre caps foul the wheel bearing dust caps and won't stay in place.

The car in this photo has wheels and front centre caps fitted correctly so they must work, but I am wondering if the centre caps are different from the original Celebration ones I have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jaguar_xjs_1989_wallpapers_3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	30860

I have seen reference in other places to removing or modifying the wheel bearing dust cap, but that seems a bit drastic. Any help would be appreciated as all I see three the wheel centre is the black dust cap at the moment.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t have access to my car, because I’m on vacation, but it seems like on American cars, the dust caps could be persuaded to be a little less prominent by merely finding the correct size wooden dowel and a hammer.

In my experience the “proud” part of the dust cap does not come close to any of the critical wheel bearing retaining hardware.

Seems to me a couple wacks with a hammer might do it.

Of course probably the more judicious approach is to remove the dust cap and look inside of it to evaluate clearances prior to such extreme modification.

Let me know

Rocky