Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noise Cameras

Post Thanks / Like

Noise Cameras

" The devices will detect excessively noisy vehicles in quiet residential areas and, like a speed camera, record the number plate.

Anyone caught breaking noise limits could be fined "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-engines.html
    XF SV8 A - USB 2 - B&W 440W - Parking Aid Pack with Rear Camera - CAT Suspension - TPMS - 20" Volans - Headlamp Powerwash - Rain Sensitive Wipers - Xenon Headlights - Heated Windscreen - Intrusion Sensing - Navigation with DRG and TIS - ACC - Forward Alert - Memory Function - Blind Spot Monitor - Bluetooth Connectivity - Automatic Headlamp Leveling - JaguarVoice

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that this is cheaper and easier than dealing with street crime and burglary!

Plus,the motorist is more likely to roll over and pay up.

2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

3. Likes Percentage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post
    I guess that this is cheaper and easier than dealing with street crime and burglary!

Yet another example of how lazy and useless our police have become.............despite their ever increasing budgets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
    Yet another example of how lazy and useless our police have become.............despite their ever increasing budgets.
    If you had ever had a problem with noisy motorbikes or cars you might realise just how welcome this technology might be. The likely-hood of a police vehicle being around to catch the offender is small, and always was, but a camera that can "hear" a loud vehicle should prove a much greater deterrent. I am in favour.

6. Likes MarkFY, Rhyl46, Willber G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goody. Can't wait for this. I'm looking forward to 'getting caught' by one of these cameras, then refusing to pay the Fine. The 'powers that be' would have a hard time explaining why I should pay up, when I was riding a 100% Legal Royal Enfield.
    2002 2.1SE.
    Retro fitted CD changer, GSM phone, Voice Control and Sat Nav.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
    If you had ever had a problem with noisy motorbikes or cars you might realise just how welcome this technology might be. The likely-hood of a police vehicle being around to catch the offender is small, and always was, but a camera that can "hear" a loud vehicle should prove a much greater deterrent. I am in favour.
    Perhaps an increased police presence would have the same effect?

This might also have the knock-on effect of reducing street crime and burglary.....

So what is needed,and required last year,is an increased police presence on our streets and roads...we pay enough Council Tax and Income Tax to fund this,so just why is it not provided?
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am definitely in favour of this proposal to catch the boy racers in our area and when they are caught they could be fined for having black tinted front windows as well.
    2 rejected F Paces for a 2018 XF 2.0D AWD Sportbrake. caesium blue with goodies. 2006 4.2 XK Convertible Frost Blue & Ivory for wonderful summer use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in favour.

Abaht time!

No police are going to do much about noisy vehicles even if they are there, which few are.

This is great.

What next though!?

Rubber necking detection?

Tailgating?

Refusal to allow merging cars in?

All would be good, I think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Grayling? That name rings a bell. Wasn't he the guy that gave a multi-million Pound contract to a ferry company that didn't have any ships?

In all honesty. I don't have a problem with the idea, but the enforcement is frought with problems. A camera wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a Chav's souped up Vauxhall Nova and a perfectly Legal 1950's BSA. Even my own 1999 Royal Enfield (Which was a grey import) wasn't subject to a MSVA test, as it was 10 years old when it was brought into the Country. Type Approval? What's that?

The UK has some of the most generous Regulations going for motor vehicles. As long as it passes an MOT, you can use it on the road (Unlike some Countries, where use of 'Classic' vehicles are restricted), so where do you set the bar?
    2002 2.1SE.
    Retro fitted CD changer, GSM phone, Voice Control and Sat Nav.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could someone please invent a device that senses the close proximity of cameras then briefly pulls a shutter down over your number plate?

That would be one piece of electronic gadgetry that I would be pleased to pay for!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast