Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon's XJ350 Sovereign Thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Simon's XJ350 Sovereign Thread.

Hi All

I thought I'd start my own ownership thread having bought my XJ350 a couple of months ago now.

I bought the car from a local dealer in Birmingham. It's got a great service history and I've got all the receipts for most of the things which the previous owners have claimed were done. Here's a couple of pics of her parked up in industrial inner city Birmingham. In the second pic I've taken the pic whilst I'm opening up the works car park. I don't advise leaving your car parked on double yellows in inner city Brum!

So I've got a 4.2L v8 Sovereign 06 XJ. The interior is Beige and dark brown with walnut. The car is in very good condition with only a tiny scratch on the passenger door and a small (looks like a self repaired) crack in the front bumper that I missed whilst inspecting the car pre purchase.

The only thing about the car that needs urgent attention, are the badges.

I've managed to get the horrible v8 badge off. I'm now working up the courage to tackle the crap plastic snarling jaguar off the boot lid and then clean off the remaining clue with spirits.

I also thought I'd introduce myself and stop hiding behind the isquish moniker! My name is Simon and I seem to have turned into a mid life petrolhead with a penchant for Jaguars

Simon
    Last edited by isquish; 18-06-19 at 10:21.
    2006 Jaguar XJ 350 Sovereign 4.2

2. Thanks JimC64, Jimbov8, Ashanti, fat controller, StokieChris thanked for this post
    Likes #steve, JimC64, Jimbov8, FastEddie, Ashanti and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A handsome car, Simon - thanks for posting and for starting the thread. Personally, I love the Sovereign spec.

ps. Yes, get those badges off. Get the car back to original - some of the guys on here have done some great modifications but I like my cars as they left the factory.
    Jaguar XJ 350 TDVi Sovereign SWB, indigo blue, cream leather, DVD, 20" Sepangs

4. Likes isquish, Ashanti, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one Simon, good call on buying such a lovely car AND with a V8 too!

She looks great and I'm sure you'll be loving driving more than a little at the moment.

Good that you started your own ownership thread here, just post everything in here, your progress, bits bought / changed / added or modded etc and always with plenty of pics

Looking forward to seeing how you get on

Cheers
    Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Thanks isquish thanked for this post
    Likes Ashanti, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Simon.

Try warming that badge with a hair dryer first, it should come off a lot easier then.

Enjoy.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

8. Thanks isquish thanked for this post
    Likes Ashanti, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, car looks great. Any interior pics?
    2006 Midnight Black XJ6 Sovereign with Champagne / Mocha interior and Sepangs. Looks like an XJR, goes like a, er, XJ6.....

10. Thanks isquish thanked for this post
    Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Simon,

Great to see you've started an ownership thread, you own and drive the epitome of waftness, so why wouldn't you?

You're amongst friends here and all to a man or woman will help when we can, why wouldn't we?

Looking forward to you and your cars journey through time,

Rich
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB
    Midnight Black with Ivory & Black Suedecloth Headlining
    All options except Sunroof
    Longlife Exhaust & a Caldoofy - Waft 'N' Loud
    F Pace 19" Bionic Alloys
    Bespoke Sheepskin Rugs

My Showroom Thread

Issues, Fixes & Mods Thread

2008MY Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

Should I feel the urge to exercise, I'll lie down and wait for the urge to pass.

12. Thanks Jimbov8, isquish thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard Simon

Handsome beast you have there, and I have a feeling that it is going to be somewhat pampered from now on....
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

14. Likes Ashanti, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI All

I thought I'd share some interior pictures.

The leather needs a good clean and feed. I've bought some gliptone intense cleaner and leather feed and I'm planning on giving the car a good cleaning. I'll buy a milder cleaner for general usage once I've got some of the ingrained dirt out of the seams in the seats.

Generally the front seats are in great nick although I think some conditioner will really help prolong their life once I've given them a good cleaning. The Floor mats aren't OEM tho and the drivers side one slips and doesn't really fit very well, often bunching up around where I rest my feet which I don't feel is safe. I've removed that for now whilst I investigate getting some replacement mats.

I think the wooden steering wheel is my favourite part of sitting in the car. I don't know why, it just very pleasing to hold. I need to look into tips for looking after the wooden trim to keep it looking tip top.

The rear seats are almost immaculate and all of the door cards are in really good condition.

It does look as though someone has dropped something metal into the nearside door well however, the OCD part of me (that I never knew I had) wants this fixed. I've got some touch up spray in the boot I may investigate doing that myself or pop it around the corner to the body shop that work use, he's very reasonable and very good.

The only thing I'm not sure about are the wheels.

I think from the tyres that are on them that they're 17s. I love the style of the alloy it just seems a little small for the car and maybe even a little dated? They're in really good nick so I'll probably live with them for a while. if I can find a good set of 19" Jaguar alloys I may change them out in the future. At the moment I've got enough to be getting on with.

Simon
    2006 Jaguar XJ 350 Sovereign 4.2

16. Likes Jimbov8, FastEddie, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simon,

Your leather interior is Ivory and I for one know what you're saying about the wooden steering wheel.

Very tactile, took me a few weeks to get used to mine and now I woodn't want anything else.

Shame I'll have to slum it with the leather one in the Disco as I go to work shortly.
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB
    Midnight Black with Ivory & Black Suedecloth Headlining
    All options except Sunroof
    Longlife Exhaust & a Caldoofy - Waft 'N' Loud
    F Pace 19" Bionic Alloys
    Bespoke Sheepskin Rugs

My Showroom Thread

Issues, Fixes & Mods Thread

2008MY Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

Should I feel the urge to exercise, I'll lie down and wait for the urge to pass.

18. Thanks isquish thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the wooden steering wheel as well, it's lovely.

I've got the half leather/half wood version as pictured above. I've seen full wooden rims as well though, which I actually prefer. I take it they were an optional extra rather than an aftermarket thing?
    Jaguar XJ 350 TDVi Sovereign SWB, indigo blue, cream leather, DVD, 20" Sepangs

20. Likes Ashanti, C16RKC liked this post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast