Thread: Rocketman

Post Thanks / Like

Rocketman

"ROCKETMAN is an epic musical fantasy about the incredible human story of Elton John's breakthrough years. The film follows the fantastical journey of transformation from shy piano prodigy Reginald Dwight into international superstar Elton John. This inspirational story - set to Elton John's most beloved songs and performed by star Taron Egerton - tells the universally relatable story of how a small-town boy became one of the most iconic figures in pop culture. ROCKETMAN also stars Jamie Bell as Elton's longtime lyricist and writing partner Bernie Taupin, Richard Madden as Elton's first manager, John Reid, and Bryce Dallas Howard as Elton's mother Sheila Farebrother".

I'm not sure what to make of this!

It might sound daft but I didn't realise this was a musical until I sat through it!!

Elton had a fractious relationship with his mother and basically no relationship with his father. That theme ran throughout the film and implied was the cause of Elton's drug and drink abuse.

The obligatory dodgy managers and suspect contracts plus all the dross and hangers on that materialise during someone's successful career made their appearance.

Elton cut a sad and lonely figure and only Bernie Taupin stuck with him through thick and thin, still writing songs for him some 50 years later.

Elton has been on the "wagon" for 28 years now and has adopted two children with his partner.

Guest appearances by a "D" reg E-Type, series 2 Landy and Rolls Royce's of the period added to the authenticity.
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc

Post Thanks / Like
    Will watch it this weekend, after will tell my opinion here.

3. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched this over the W/E and enjoyed it thought Taron Egerton was very good in the role. Quite a lot is known about Elton John and the issues he has faced over the years but the film put it in context and as EJ had quite a lot of input and was an executive producer I assume it was fairly accurate. We still enjoy his music and were lucky enough to go to one of his concerts when he came to Worcester some years back.
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously Jaguar X Type 2.1 V6. Gone but not forgotton

5. Likes StokieChris liked this post