Thread: Rean engine mount

Post Thanks / Like

Question Rean engine mount

Hello can anyone tell me where the rear engine mount attaches on my 1973 XKE series 3 roadster with manual gear box? I was looking on SNG for the parts to reassemble the rear transmission mount that is the cups and bushing and spring that were badly deteriorated.In the process I saw the diagram for parts and it lists a rear engine mount for the manual transmission part #C42202. I do not have one on mine? Can anyone shine light on this? Does this mount somehow attach to the spring mount assembly? The part is a special order and not inexpensive but still available.The automatic one is not.Thanks for any help and God bless

Post Thanks / Like

Rear Engine Mount

Quote Originally Posted by X81 View Post
    Hello can anyone tell me where the rear engine mount attaches on my 1973 XKE series 3 roadster with manual gear box? I was looking on SNG for the parts to reassemble the rear transmission mount that is the cups and bushing and spring that were badly deteriorated.In the process I saw the diagram for parts and it lists a rear engine mount for the manual transmission part #C42202. I do not have one on mine? Can anyone shine light on this? Does this mount somehow attach to the spring mount assembly? The part is a special order and not inexpensive but still available.The automatic one is not.Thanks for any help and God bless
    I have a '71 4.2 that is now disassembled for re-work.
    There is a mount at the rear of the engine to the bulkhead. (actually attached to the top of the bell housing)

Sorry, photo is inverted.

Jim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190602_132901 small.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	32359

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a '72 Series 3 underside --- not exactly what you are looking for but maybe some help. When i bought this car (new in '73) it came with a slush box; when restorred converted it to a 5 speed. The rear mount, therefore, is a combination of OEM spring, etc and a custom plate to hold it. But if you zoom in on the photo you will see where the plate attaches to the frame. Is THAT what you were looking to see?

Sorry - not very many pix of the underside.

MERRY CHRISTmas!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1494.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	671.2 KB 
ID:	32363Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1494.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	671.2 KB 
ID:	32363