Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Changed rear indicator fuse. Now car is dead

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent, we're keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Hope its good news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any news yet from Halfords/samaritan?
    2003 S-Type 3.0 SE Auto

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svalentine60 View Post
    I had some great help here yesterday as my rear lh indicator wasn't working. Turned out to be a fuse which i replaced. Took a 10 fuse out of 42 which said it was a door mirror heater and put it in 44 which fixed the indicator problem. But have gone out this morning for the first time and the car is as dead as a dodo. Nothing is working. The alarm isn't flashing, the boot won't open, . Nothing comes on at all and it doesn't turn over, just absolute silence. The wheel is locked as well. Does anyone know why suddenly when i next go out the car is dead simply because i changed a fuse? Not sure what to do. Thank you. I don't have a working automatic fob at the moment so have to open and close the car using the key in the door. The battery has always been fine and no problems with the car ever until the fuse went for the indicator. Now i seem to have a whole bigger problem. I have no idea what to do.
    I think you should check both the battery and fuse again. Some reasons make the battery overcharge and damage fuse. If your battery is issue, you should change new one. On Autofthing, you can review some kinds of batteries and choose suitable one for your car.
    Hope you can solve this problem soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling that our anonymous pal is very modest and we may not hear more from the OP either at his request, but we can be certain that it's fixed by now.

So from me, dear knight, may blessings manifold be on you and I hope your kindness is swiftly returned in your time of need.

If any of us can help please pm the member of your choice and any of us will be glad to.

6. Likes rchiv, S-Type Owner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are right Jim and I have a gut feel that you know you are right
    2004 3.0 se

8. Thanks Jim_S-V6_2004 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be nice to know the outcome of this one.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zircon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 120K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and if there's something we can do to help more, perhaps an oil & filter service at a National Tyre & Autocare for the lady's Jag I'd be happy to cover the cost.

I hope this is not taken the wrong way.

She seemed at a very low point.

So please PM me, if it's a higher cost perhaps we could pool with another couple of members.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are in the UK and near London or around more than happy to pop over and have a look...the amount of things I have fixed on my vehicle myself I'm more than confident I can tackle this. This also goes for anyone be else in or around the London area happy to gelp...please don't hesitate.

Regards
    AF

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the help. The man took my battery and contacted me to say it had been checked and was dead so I ordered another battery and managed to put it in myself via looking it up on google. The car started immediately and the indicator works so big relief. I was concerned because the old battery which was 13 years old had a tube attached to a plastic thing that went into the battery. I found out it was to let gasses out. But that piece was on my old battery so although I have the tube, I can't fit it into the new battery. However, I called the people who sold it to me and they said that most new batteries no longer need that gas venting thing so not to worry that i don't have it anymore. Hope that is right. Thank you again everyone you have all been amazing and very welcoming.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast