Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Changed rear indicator fuse. Now car is dead

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got it sorted and mister who ever took the manual and battery please return the manual kindly.

Kind regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for coming back to us. Which battery did you get. Most come with a blanking plug which must be removed before fitting.
    Glad you got it sorted and it was good of the samaritan to take the trouble to help.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zircon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 120K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    I got this one. https://www.gsfcarparts.com/971aa0191 The battery is £200 but i found a code that mean't i only had to pay £80

Yes the old white plastic part is in my old battery. But the sellers have told me most new batteries don't need them anymore. So the rubber tube that was connected is just hanging loose. I don't even know what the piece is called and can't find it on google to buy one. A bit like the piece I always have left over when i try to put together a flatpack

4. Likes rchiv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Jim wasn't the member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone

7. Likes rchiv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK...

The tube is called a vent tube.

Is there a small hole in the new battery with a (usually red) cap in it and a caution label saying it must be removed when fitting the battery?

If so then it's needed.

You can use any piece of small hard plastic tube or elbow that fits to connect the vent tube. It takes any vapour or boil-over electrolyte out through the bottom of the car.

Glad it's sorted, these coincidences mess us up.

If there's anything I can do my offer still stands, so please pm me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you I will. I'll check the battery in the morning because I didn't check it for a cap before I fitted it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear you got the problem sorted. If you find some things on the attached list aren't working follow the instructions on the link. When I changed my battery I didn't need to do all the resets. Also, is the new battery clamped in ok?

https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthre...hlight=battery reset
    2003 S-Type 3.0 SE Auto

Post Thanks / Like
    B loody hell, that's an expensive battery and I'm sorry to say that IMO the lady has been ripped off.

The battery will have a blanking plug for the vent tube, just pull the plug out and push the vent tube in. Job done.
    A very cynical grumpy old man
    Late 2004 2.7D auto
    Connoisseur of Fine Ales
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - What a ride, where are the wimmin?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    B loody hell, that's an expensive battery and I'm sorry to say that IMO the lady has been ripped off.

The battery will have a blanking plug for the vent tube, just pull the plug out and push the vent tube in. Job done.
    It's OK Vic, that was the "list" price. It's called psychological preparation.

She paid £80.

I don't know the brand but it's got 3 years' warranty so it's average quality too, not bad.

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; Yesterday at 16:41.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567