Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We buy any car result...

Post Thanks / Like
    When I needed to get rid of my previous X400 owing to a company car: about 4 and a half years ago, I tried WBAC. 2.5 SE auto. 68k. I went over, and as has been said, they (youngster barely out of his teens) started knocking off quids. Tiny scratch on the sill top: stiletto scrape: Wife not me. I'm careful at weekends..... A dye wear patch on the drivers leather seat: where the seatbelt parks: common. A really tiny windscreen chip: properly repaired by Autoglass, MoT compliant. Four (touched in, barely visible) bonnet stone chips. Full JFSH, 4 Pirelli tyres with less than 10k.

Parkers book was 3250: they offered 850. Good job the good lady was with me, else..... old as I was/am I'd have knocked the little **** out. Maybe.

Anyhoo, on a whim I called the suppliers of my new company car: a heeeowge Volvo dealership darn Sarf: surely this must be a common dilemma for those getting a company car? It was: they offered me 2800 straight cash on the basis of pics and my description. Under book but painless. No tyre kickers and chavs visiting JohnW Towers to haggle. They even collected. No WBAC rip off. Unfortunately for others I was one of the last to benefit: they were closing their buy-in section imminently. They ran the scheme to get max satisfaction feedback for Lex Autolease apparently.

I often wonder what the old gal went for! There wouldn't have been a lot of meat on the bone at auction with fees and all.

My current X will go out in a blaze of glory: when the time comes I'll kick out the windows, install a roll cage, rip out the interior (and sell it: I'm a Yorkshireman after all...) and become the Oldest Banger Racer in Town.

And then I'll probably buy yet another: always fancied a top-range estate version. Last model year possible. And, looking at threads on here, with working tailgate glass!
    2.2D X Type Sovereign. 57 reg, Indigo blue metallic. 118k when bought mid August, now at 130k. Everything works! (So far....) Niggly jobs and servicing sorted, but always something to do for a tinkerer! New MoT with no advisories.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2007 2.2D Sovereign Estate manual at 73,000 miles and partial history is valued at £1,350. One previous owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, at least proper robbers wear masks, striped jerseys and carry sacks marked 'Swag'.
    Apparently. According to The Beano at least.....

Returning to my favourite hate-crime figure: how much money does that cockwhisker Philip Schofield need to earn that he has to advertise WBAC? And be pawed by an effin dog in the TV advert FFS.... I'd work for nowt if I got to sit next to Holly Willoughby every day. And he gets paid gazillions for it. I get to sit near to a fat bald bloke. With eternally damp armpits. Nice man, but not Holly W. Far and away from it.
    Last edited by JohnW; 10-07-19 at 18:02.
    2.2D X Type Sovereign. 57 reg, Indigo blue metallic. 118k when bought mid August, now at 130k. Everything works! (So far....) Niggly jobs and servicing sorted, but always something to do for a tinkerer! New MoT with no advisories.

Post Thanks / Like
    even if he wore a blonde wig?
    2006 X Type 2.2D Sport 108k

Alex!.....get off the cat.

5. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Yep, at least proper robbers wear masks, striped jerseys and carry sacks marked 'Swag'.
    Apparently. According to The Beano at least.....

Returning to my favourite hate-crime figure: how much money does that cockwhisker Philip Schofield need to earn that he has to advertise WBAC? And be pawed by an effin dog in the TV advert FFS.... I'd work for nowt if I got to sit next to Holly Willoughby every day. And he gets paid gazillions for it. I get to sit near to a fat bald bloke. With eternally damp armpits. Nice man, but not Holly W. Far and away from it.
    That annoys the hell out of me. If you are a well known celebrity, at least find out about a company before selling your soul to advertise them.
    2009 (09) X-Type 2.2D SE Auto, Barbados Alloys Trim: Leather Ivory St Oyster Upr R/Wood 09 Paint: Tektite 2063 Grey.

7. Likes Nezzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1966 View Post
    That annoys the hell out of me. If you are a well known celebrity, at least find out about a company before selling your soul to advertise them.
    My Grandaughter supplied me with an appropriate song from a young woman called Jessie J apparently.
    'It's all about the money-money-money' I googled her, Jessie J I mean. I would. If I had the strength at age 63.... Which I doubt tbh.

Fat bloke in a blonde wig.... Hmmmm.... Erm, no.

Post Thanks / Like
    shes weird. when i used to see her on tv her facial expressions reminded me of an android.

schofield is a bit dead behind the eyes also, being a bellend seems to be a prerequesite to advertise WBAC (cases in question him and james cordon)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of interest, maybe a daft question, but why is everyone frightened to death to sell their own car these days. Thats what I have always done. Its easy.
    This is how it works-
    You look at what everyone else (mainly dealers and flippers are asking for similar mileages and conditions, knock a few hundred quid off to make yours the cheapest (but not too cheap and still £1,000's more than WBAC) and advertise it on ebay or Auto Trader etc and wait for the phone to ring, or they emails to come in. Arrange a day for viewing etc and if all goes well its sold.

My neighbor was cahnging his car and getting rid of his Mazda MPS whatever, He was offered £6,000 on a trade in. It was on Autotrader a week later for £10,000, then £9,000 after a month or so, then it disappeared. I said, why on earth did you let it go for that? you could have put it on Auto trader? He said too much messing about. WHAT! thats a months salary. Going to work every day for a month, working 8 hours, and doing a 50 mile round trip is far more messing about Id say.

Whats up with people these days!

Is it that interest rates are too low and money is just to easy to borrow, I dont know?

Crazy times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then there are the "tyre kickers", time wasters, test drives, additional tax and insurance, dubious promises of money, let alone the fact that every day the car is depreciating in value.
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    and the wideboys that try and convince you the head gasket is gone and offer you scrap value to take it. I had a bloke drive down from stoke on trent with a transporter and try that one on me, practically begging me to let hime have the car that I had advertised for £250 for £100.

suffice to say he had a long drive back to stoke without the car, which someone in the trade happily paid asking price for the next day and in their opinion the hg was fine.

Maybe I was being mean but id had around 15-20 phonecalls / texts from people that either couldnt speak english (car is sale still?) or people to lazy to speak english (m8 giv u £150 4 car now can b there 2day innit bruv) and i was fed up with idiots so yes, i can understand the attraction of wbac and maybe if you have a £5000 car to sell they might be worth it but I only seem to flog sub-£500 sheds and they attract nobheads like flies round a ****.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast