Thread: JLR announce new XJ to be built at Castle Bromwich

Post Thanks / Like

JLR announce new XJ to be built at Castle Bromwich

With the last XJ x351 rolling off the production line today, JLR have announced news of the next one, an all new EV XJ which will be built at Castle Bromwich securing thousands of jobs for years to come and keeping the XJ as a british built vehicle.

With the new JLR battery plant at Hams Hall too, this keeps it all in the Midlands.

Can’t wait to see the new XJ!

https://amp.theguardian.com/business...bromwich-plant
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

2. Thanks payno thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why pull the current XJ before the new one is ready? Has someone made a boo boo?
    Also, everything I see about the new XJ isn't very clear.
    Will every XJ be pure electric, or is it that they will offer pure electric XJs?
    Right now, electric vehicles and electric infrastructure is not advanced enough to do away with engines for all the new XJs.

The stories you hear of different chargers for different cars. Chargers not working. Charging taking too long (well that is expected).
    Right now, I couldn't buy an electric vehicle. It's a complete no no.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the gap between models in part down to JLR dithering over the future of saloons. Since crossovers became popular Land/Range Rover has made an ever larger % of JLR sales. The F-Pace and subsequent jaguar crossovers have been outselling the saloons. I think they were willing to walk away from the XJ but the popularity of the I-Pace has made them think a gimmicky all electric XJ might draw sales. What good’s a grand tourer that struggles to do 300miles before needing to park up for an hour or more to charge?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news is thousands of jobs will be given to people! Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    With the last XJ x351 rolling off the production line today, JLR have announced news of the next one, an all new EV XJ which will be built at Castle Bromwich securing thousands of jobs for years to come and keeping the XJ as a british built vehicle.

With the new JLR battery plant at Hams Hall too, this keeps it all in the Midlands.

Can’t wait to see the new XJ!

https://amp.theguardian.com/business...bromwich-plant

Post Thanks / Like
    They aren't saying thousands of jobs will be given to people. All they are saying is they won't make thousands redundant.
    The new XJ is just a gimmick by the sounds of it. Who is going to pay thousands extra for a motorway mileage crunchers, which only has a limited range.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

7. Likes X270 liked this post