Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomorrow is not promised for any of us !

Post Thanks / Like
    Condolences Eddie. I'm dreading the day myself - my Mum's 96 and lives on her own, a few months back I called in, she was sat in her chair and, yes she is a bit deaf, but despite raising my voice she didn't respond. For what seemed liked minutes, not just seconds, I feared the worse...but then she suddenly woke up all in a daze!
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

2. Thanks FastEddie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    Condolences Eddie. I'm dreading the day myself - my Mum's 96 and lives on her own, a few months back I called in, she was sat in her chair and, yes she is a bit deaf, but despite raising my voice she didn't respond. For what seemed liked minutes, not just seconds, I feared the worse...but then she suddenly woke up all in a daze!
    Finding mum asleep in the chair was a familiar event for me too, used to frighten the life out of me but she always woke quickly.

Thursday was different for me. Whatever her sleep and snoozing patterns, she was always up and about very early in the morning.

I have spent most of the day notifying remaining relatives and friends of the arrangements for next week, long day but busy is good.
    2009 , X358 LWB , 2.7 TtcrdiV6 , Liquid Silver

4. Thanks Zero123 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always difficult when a parent hands in their dinner pail,you tend to ponder if you could have done more...but usually offers made would have been answered with a smile and reassurance that all was well,treasure your memories.
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

6. Thanks FastEddie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please accept my condolences, I will wish for your sorrow to ease. All the best mate.

8. Thanks FastEddie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear Eddie, best wishes for the future.
    2007 Slate Grey 4.2 XK-R Convertible
    Jagwrangler one touch roof and rear windows mod. Rear spoiler antenna and boot lid amplifier upgrade. Fuse 19 switch installed discretely below dash/steering wheel. Red stuff brake pads. Replacement white "R" caliper decals.

10. Thanks FastEddie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of you and your family take care buddy all the best TM
    3ltr Jaguar XFS portfolio Carnelian Red + 3 ltr xtype 4 x 4 estate British Racing Green
    http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/...3/7J0C2546.jpg

12. Thanks FastEddie thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123