Thread: Auto Box ATF Renewal Cheshire

Post Thanks / Like

Auto Box ATF Renewal Cheshire

Hello All,
    Anyone know of anywhere reputable that can change my ATF on a 2008 facelift 2.2d with the Aisin Warner box. Its doe 84,000 so is probably about due. I get the JATCO box in my ZT done every 60,000 and its kept it reliable in my 9 years amd 200,000 miles of ownership. Problem is they guy at the local garage says its a job for an auto transmission place.
    Also, any idea of cost. Cheshire area, the nearer to Nantwich, the better, Macclesfield is also good as I go there every day anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a member on the forum, i think he goes under Bluechem and sells the Hot Flushing Machines that are used to change the fluid.
    He might be the one to ask.

I got mine changed in July 2014 at Mackies Auto Transmissions in Glasgow and the cost was £154 pounds. It's only the fluid that is changed as the filter can only be changed if the gearbox is dismantled for repair.

Regards Tom.
    Now driving an XF 2017 model 2 litre 180 hp Diesel Portfolio Ammonite Grey and Ivory leather and Mocha/Oyster carpets.
    Previous.
    2009 X Type 2:2 Auto Sovereign.
    2008 X Type 2:2 Auto S Basic.
    2005 X Type 2 litre manual SE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    There's a member on the forum, i think he goes under Bluechem and sells the Hot Flushing Machines that are used to change the fluid.
    He might be the one to ask.

I got mine changed in July 2014 at Mackies Auto Transmissions in Glasgow and the cost was £154 pounds. It's only the fluid that is changed as the filter can only be changed if the gearbox is dismantled for repair.

Regards Tom.
    I am confused by this. I remember reading that the X type automatic gearbox was "sealed for life". As my car has now done over 90K miles and can be a bit jerky going into drive when cold, I have wondered if a change of fluid could help.
    Previous 1: Silver 2.5 Auto SE grey leather interior
    Previous 2: Topaz (Pale Gold) 3.0 Auto SE with cream leather
    Current since Oct 15: Gunmetal 2.5 Auto SE with black leather interior 17in wheels heated seats private plate (tasty!)
    ex-Motorcycle: Aprilia RST 1000 V twin sports tourer
    Current 2 wheels: Vespa Sprint 125 (hey, its light, I can get it on and off the stand, and it doesn't try to kill me! Its also a whole lot of fun!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFutura View Post
    I am confused by this. I remember reading that the X type automatic gearbox was "sealed for life". As my car has now done over 90K miles and can be a bit jerky going into drive when cold, I have wondered if a change of fluid could help.
    The advice of "filled for life" didn't define what they meant by 'life'. I think somewhere around the 10 year mark was what they had in mind.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 80K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Disliked by thread starter
    Last edited by santer; 18-07-19 at 19:32.
    XF SV8 A - USB 2 - B&W 440W - Parking Aid Pack with Rear Camera - CAT Suspension - TPMS - 20" Volans - Headlamp Powerwash - Rain Sensitive Wipers - Xenon Headlights - Heated Windscreen - Intrusion Sensing - Navigation with DRG and TIS - ACC - Forward Alert - Memory Function - Blind Spot Monitor - Bluetooth Connectivity - Automatic Headlamp Leveling - JaguarVoice

6. Thanks Trooper thanked for this post
    Likes Trooper liked this post
    Dislikes Mooresey disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFutura View Post
    I answered Mooresey post because we are discussing 2008/9 model facelift x type's which use a Aisin Warner 6 Speed Auto Gearbox and needs a Hot Flushing Machine to change the fluid.

Dr Futura you may have confused other x type owner's because of your post on somebody else's thread, because you will have a ZF Auto Gearbox and there have been a lot of discussion about sealed for life Auto Gearboxes especially in the S type section of the Forum.
    The ZF Auto Gearbox Fluid Change can be a do it yourself job as mentioned by Santer.
    Now driving an XF 2017 model 2 litre 180 hp Diesel Portfolio Ammonite Grey and Ivory leather and Mocha/Oyster carpets.
    Previous.
    2009 X Type 2:2 Auto Sovereign.
    2008 X Type 2:2 Auto S Basic.
    2005 X Type 2 litre manual SE.

8. Thanks Mooresey thanked for this post