Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought...please?

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought...please?

First off: Ramblings.
    I feel weird posting this, as it is completely off my own bat, and completely different to the car based conversations I enjoy the most on the forum.

Also after having had a great time at Langley Castle, real life is starting to bite. And it's gonna bite hard tomorrow.

I wondered about making this my 500th post of the forum, but got carried away with all the fun of Langley..
    So this is number 500 and odd.

Hope you don't mind the post/thread and please do ignore it if it means nothing to you. I know we're not alone and several others (Eddie, E30, Lost It are having tough times, and I genuinely, sincerely offer my best wishes to anyone who's struggling for whatever reason.

However, I felt I'd like to share my daughter's situation (and by extension, my own).

Second off: Relevancies.
    Tomorrow will probably be the toughest day of my precious daughter's life, as she (and I, of course - always by her side if/when she needs me) will attend the funeral of one of her best friends, who died just over a week ago of cancer, aged 17.

I don't want to mention names, as I haven't sought permission to post this...
    I also don't want to give too much away for the same reason (the family obviously need their privacy), but suffice to say that the chap involved had made it though a long course of treatment and was looking good. Even hit a new personal best in his swimming in March '19.
    My daughter said recently "I always feel good when <xxxx> is around. He's cheerful, joking and happy and we relate to each other."

Can't believe he's not around any more. What an absolute txxt of a disease.

But seeing how devastated my little 'un and her friends are, I felt I ought to say something, even if you can just spare us a thought tomorrow.

Best wishes to you all. Please take care of each other.

PS - the family have nominated a charity (Clic Sargent) in lieu of flowers, but I don't want to look like I'm begging for donations.
    If you feel like donating to a cancer charity, that'd be brilliant.
    Otherwise, we'd (my daughter & I) be grateful for your thoughts tomorrow.... Hope I can cope, never mind her...!

Simon
    2003 Super V8 SWB

2. Thanks MarkFY, Jimbov8, JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughts are with you Simon.
    MY 2005 jaguar S type SE Radiance Red 3.0 "Tweaked"
    MY 2001 Range Rover P38 4.6 Vogue Monte Carlo Blue LPG
    MY 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5
    MY 1991 Range Rover Classic 3.9 EFIA Manual. Plymouth Blue
    MY 1994 Land Rover Discovery 1 V8i "scrap".

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Henry. Appreciated.
    My daughter's going to sit with her friends at the funeral and <whatever deity anyone associates with> knows what they'll be like at the end of the service...

....Kleenex shares going up?
    2003 Super V8 SWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughts for you and your daughter.
    3.0D 2012 (62) XF-S Premium Luxury IRR
    Previous: 3.0D 2009 (59) XF Luxury, 2002 (52) S Type 3.0 S

6. Thanks Super350 thanked for this post
    Likes Super350 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand how your daughter feels a cousin of mine died from cancer when he was in his late teens. There are times when I still miss him.

There are no words that can be said just be there for daughter and give her lots of time.

All the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of you both.....
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

9. Thanks Super350 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lost someone very close when I was in my early twenties. I still remember the funeral vividly. I remember every detail. I remember how sureal it actually felt on the day.

Thoughts are with you both.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 80,300mls Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/rear cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

11. Thanks Super350 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Life is c rap at times but life has to go on, when somebody close (my daughter in my case) dies the feeling is indescribable, you feel as though you want the world to end. Passing time doesn't ease the pain but those left behind have to pick themselves up by the bootstraps...........and carry on.
    The only way Mrs V and myself got through 'our' funeral was to try and stay composed.........and grieve at home, privately. It worked for us.
    A very cynical grumpy old man
    Late 2004 2.7D auto
    Connoisseur of Fine Ales
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - What a ride, where are the wimmin?"

13. Thanks Super350 thanked for this post
    Likes Super350 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holding a good thought for you and your daughter. Hang in there... it will get better.
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

15. Thanks Super350 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts are with the both of you Simon.
    2005 XJ Sovereign 3.0 in Radiance Red

17. Thanks Super350 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast