Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay frustrations.

Post Thanks / Like

Ebay frustrations.

Long story short.

Looking for a particular camera. Found some on Ebay. Could have bought one cheaper from China but very wary of doing that. Found one from Norway. Not cheap 307 but offered "hassle free returns" etc.

Arrived on time. Tried camera did not like it so wanted to send it back. This is where it gets interesting............

Back to original sales page. Clicked on "Returns" Guess where it has to be returned to? Yep China. Not only that the camera has to be immaculate. No signs of use or opening. Also cannot return without a Returns Number issued by them or the parcel will be rejected.

Luckily I kept all the pieces of packaging.

Asked for return address in Norway. Asked for returns number. Nothing.

Got Ebay involved. Eventually the sellers gave me a returns box address in UK and and ref numbers etc. I expect that is their way of getting around returns to UK.

Carefully wrapped each item. Photographing everything, luckily, and did a quick video of the lot. Watched a Youtube video of an unboxing so I could get everything back exactly as before. It looked like a new unopened camera. I wrapped it in bubble wrap. Put it in a padded Jiffy bag. Sent it off by signed for using the post office.

It was delivered the next day. Got proof of signature etc. Heard nothing.

I got an email saying return to this address using this label. But the camera had already gone and had been received, signed for etc.

A lot of emails backwards and forwards. Very frustrating. Now of course I do have proof of them accepting it. Where is my money!

Got a message this morning. One of the protective plastic covers is "scratched" only minor but also the box has a label on it not there before. I do not even think its my plastic cover. Their offer is 70% refund. Works out a 92 for the plastic cover which probably costs 10P at the most.

Trying to remain polite, very hard to do, I have just sent them photos of the plastic cover as it was when it left me. Just awaiting their reply.

My box plastic cover before return, thats a dog hair in the corner, not a scratch.

Now look at their photo. Doesn't it look like someone has taken a knife and did a quick X scratch?

This that box. Wrapped up in 3 layers of bubble wrap and put in a padded Jiffy bag. I wonder how it got scratched through all that?

I just await their reply. Frustrating isn't it?
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

For a list of most topics written in this 'Story' Please click here.

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

Post Thanks / Like
    Sharks and dishonest to boot. I had a similar experience with a so called UK supplier but the offer of a 50% refund and to keep the faulty product came from China. I stuck it out with them,got a full refund and returned the product with a prepaid label to a UK address. Who needs the hassle?
    2 rejected F Paces for a 2018 XF 2.0D AWD Sportbrake. caesium blue with goodies. 2006 4.2 XK Convertible Frost Blue & Ivory for wonderful summer use.

Post Thanks / Like
    The UK return address is probably the next person to buy one !!!! lol
    Jaguar XKR x150 Cabriolet 2010

4. Likes santer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a couple of small white 'marks' on your photo, on the edge of the 'window' up from the 'a' of 'Insta'... these don't seem to appear on their photo. Different box perhaps? Also yes, the scratches on the plastic cover are made with a knife, you can see the edges of the 'cuts' where they have gone over the cardboard.

You need Ebay to force a full refund.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 80,300mls Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/rear cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a TV box which failed within 3 months, no boot.

The seller tried to get me to get it repaired locally and would pay "part of the cost".

Only one repair shop said they would try, 50 fix or no fix. He asked if I could get the firmware from the supplier. I asked them, they said no and to look on the internet. Only much older versions were there, so no use

I persisted for 2 more messages over about 3 weeks.

They stopped responding.

Ebay (or whoever follows up these things) called me when I complained and said they would speak with the seller.

Nothing more heard.

I sent another email to the seller. No response.

Luckily the box is OK and it was just the power supply.

I didn't continue, I know the end result with all Chinese stuff, it's one-way shipment and they will try everything to worm out of returns.

Banggood messaged me 3 or 4 times for something else I bought, programmable lamps I think, to be sure I was happy and asking me to give them 5 stars.

But then it wasn't about a product complaint or return.

I dunno, every time I think to buy anything Chinese I'm already thinking it's landfill.

Post Thanks / Like
    I share your frustration with eBay, here's a new gripe.

Don't change your PayPal email address if you have active eBay auctions - they won't tell you that you need to update every single listing with the new email (you are supposed to know to do this).

End result - the link between eBay and PayPal is broken and PayPal holds onto the money until I can prove delivery. Adding the requested tracking info doesn't seem to work, yet at least.

Total gits
    S Type 4.2 SE Plus 2002 original spec: Xenon HID/SatNav/Voice/Cassette Player/CDC/TV/GSM Phone/Sun Roof/Rear Blind/CATS.
    Retro-fitted: CD Player/Bluetooth Phone/Aux Power Socket, USB & Volt Meter in Boot/Reversing Cam/Dash Cam & PSU/Dual USB sockets in Armrest/
    Wireless Phone Charger under Instrument Surround.
    Pictures of technical stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Funnily enough, AliExpress (Alibaba, China direct) is well thought of here in good old Cyprus, for returns too, although the process takes around 2 months I was told.

Has anyone tried them in the UK?

Post Thanks / Like
    I always look at the company information on the listing, which they might have to declare accurately. So even if it is purporting to be a UK seller you can see a Chinese company name and address you can avoid them. I always use "UK only" on searches to try to avoid the hassle. Even doing this you are still probably buying Chinese made stuff, because that is where we are now.
    Previous 1: Silver 2.5 Auto SE grey leather interior
    Previous 2: Topaz (Pale Gold) 3.0 Auto SE with cream leather
    Current since Oct 15: Gunmetal 2.5 Auto SE with black leather interior 17in wheels heated seats private plate (tasty!)
    ex-Motorcycle: Aprilia RST 1000 V twin sports tourer
    Current 2 wheels: Vespa Sprint 125 (hey, its light, I can get it on and off the stand, and it doesn't try to kill me! Its also a whole lot of fun!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a Phillips sonicare electric toothbrush from China. One year return to China warranty, it failed after three months, contact seller, who says yes return to me via signed for delivery. All good so far, until I go into the post office fill in the customs form to be told that the post office will not accept the parcel because it contains Lithium-ion batteries. The funny thing is the f**king post office delivered it to me three months earlier. So the dilemma is do I lie on the customs form and put super deluxe vibrator without batteries or just put it in the bin!
    Jaguar XF 3.0 D Portfolio 63/2014 (2018 -
    BMW 116d 5 Door (2016 - 2018 )
    Alfa Mito 1.3 D (2012 - 2016)
    Jaguar X type 2.0 D SE (2008 - 2012)
    Seat Ibiza 1.9 D FR (2004 - 2008 )
    Fiat Punto 1.2 Sporting (2003 - 2004)
    Alfa 156 2.4JTD (2001 - 2003)
    Alfa 156 2.5 V6 (1999 - 2001)
    VW Golf VR6 (1995 - 1999)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    There are a couple of small white 'marks' on your photo, on the edge of the 'window' up from the 'a' of 'Insta'... these don't seem to appear on their photo. Different box perhaps? Also yes, the scratches on the plastic cover are made with a knife, you can see the edges of the 'cuts' where they have gone over the cardboard.

You need Ebay to force a full refund.
    Your right. There are actually a couple of marks on mine not repeated on that photo. I also wonder what is under the "Unopened Item" label.

As for UK only products thats never worked with me. Always end up with stuff from across the world.
    Last edited by frankc; 19-07-19 at 11:17.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

For a list of most topics written in this 'Story' Please click here.

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast