Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EGR delete

Post Thanks / Like

EGR delete

Hi all, please could someone advise best option for deleting/turning off my EGR in the ECU.

Im all ready to remove the EGR as its prone to issues. I have the parts to blank it off and remove it and the cooler completely.
    I have the euro4 version with the electrical connection, recently cleaned it and currently running ok. However Ive read of the advantages to performance and reduction in smoke if removed.

I just want to avoid fault codes and check engine light coming on.

Any ideas without paying a tuning cowboy

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    There are many threads relating to EGR deletion etc on the forum with the pros and cons.
    Your vehicle I assume is a 2005 possibly a 2.2D but unless you advise by updating your signature via the link below we are working in the dark.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zircon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 122K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Roger,
    Sorry new to all this.

Yes its a 2005 2.0 diesel estate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Chris, but if you follow the directions in the link below to Update your Signature you will not have to type it in when posting.
    Do you have the vacuum turbo actuator or the electronic. You can use a full blanking plate on the EGR on the 2.0D without affecting the EML.
    Others, who I am sure will be along shortly will say they use an emulator to fool the ECU but I am one of the "leave well alone" band.

Roger
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zircon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 122K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking

Post Thanks / Like
    out of interest, what is the advantages and disadvantages of blanking it off? I have a 2.2D estate - and I'll be stripping it down again soon as I need to replace inlet gaskets and inlet to EGR gasket.. just waiting for parts to arrive.... I'm thinking whilst I'm at it I could blank the EGR valve off too but I'd like to know what blanking it off actually does and whether there are any negative sides

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuning cowboys aside, even swiftec who make winols couldn't come up with a solution for software patching euro4 other than stop it from flagging EML for low / no exhaust gas flow but stil have to leave egr wired up. Only way round it at present is with an emulator (about 70 on eBay) then you can remove the egr completely with a delete kit. If you are unsure just clean the valve out and run it on decent diesel and you shouldn't have any problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by webbhost View Post
    out of interest, what is the advantages and disadvantages of blanking it off? I have a 2.2D estate - and I'll be stripping it down again soon as I need to replace inlet gaskets and inlet to EGR gasket.. just waiting for parts to arrive.... I'm thinking whilst I'm at it I could blank the EGR valve off too but I'd like to know what blanking it off actually does and whether there are any negative sides
    Again if you were to update your signature via the link below we would know which model etc you have. The earlier 2.2d Euro 4 have an electronic EGR and turbo actuator and would require a blanking plate with a 10mm hole to fool the ECU.
    The later 2.2d Auto with DPF cannot be blanked.
    Out of interest why do you need to replace the Manifold gaskets. They are reuseable.

Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    All this talk of blanking off EGR valves leaves me a little bemused at times. I had a 2.2d X Type that I covered 241,000 miles in and whilst I do recall Jaguar replacing it once or twice under warranty within the first year or so I never had any issues with it. Also, did I not once hear that it also performs part of the waste-gate duties?

Maybe I was just lucky

Hope everyone's enjoying this lovely weather we're having!

Richard.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

9. Likes rchiv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoops - thoughbt I'd updated it already.. I'll do it now.

2005 2.2D estate. Vacuum EGR... I believe I can put a full blank on it... im just not sure what the "benefit" is.

Manifold gaskets - I wasn't planning to, however I found a load of soot built up on inlet manifold bolts (i.e. on the outside of the manifold) near the EGR side... and having looked at them on or 2 of them looked a bit worn.
    For the sake of a tenner on amazon might as well replace them and give myself the best chance of sealing wherever the leak was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by webbhost View Post
    Whoops - thoughbt I'd updated it already.. I'll do it now.

2005 2.2D estate. Vacuum EGR... I believe I can put a full blank on it... im just not sure what the "benefit" is.

Manifold gaskets - I wasn't planning to, however I found a load of soot built up on inlet manifold bolts (i.e. on the outside of the manifold) near the EGR side... and having looked at them on or 2 of them looked a bit worn.
    For the sake of a tenner on amazon might as well replace them and give myself the best chance of sealing wherever the leak was.
    I was not aware that the 2.2d came with a vacuum EGR. If the connector has five wires then it is electronic. The Turbo actuator on the 2.2d is also electronic. The 2.0d came with two versions with two or three wires to the connector. The actuator on the vacuum system has a diaphragm which moves the actuator arm.
    I agree if you have leakage at the manifold that a replacement of the gaskets is in order.
    To show your signature tick the Show your signature box at the bottom left of the post.

Roger

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast