Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car registration

Post Thanks / Like

Car registration

Arrived back from Brighton to find that damage had been done to the rear offside of my car while I was away. Fortunately, a neighbour witnessed what happened and took a note of the registration on the offending car and also time and date

The reg no is BN14 ZRG and I wondered how to go about finding the owner
    2004 3.0 se

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear. One bad thing on another for many people this year.

Report it to the local police and ask their advice Jim. It may be a requirement to do that.

How about your insurance? For info only at this time but they can find the keeper.

I think we can only guess but those who have had bad experiences can also advise.

It's showing on Vehicle Smart as a 2014 Ford Focus 998cc petrol, grey.

MoT and tax to July 2020.

Was it a woman driver?

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 24-07-19 at 15:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to the police its an offence to leave the seen of an accident with out leaving your details if you do you must report it to the police with in 24hrs (the offender not you)
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    Report it to your insurance & they should take care of it. You can report it to the police for insurance reasons but as no-one was hurt there'll almost certainly be no action.

Post Thanks / Like
    How bad is the damage Jim?

Post Thanks / Like
    Walk in to your local police station, slap the reg. no. on the counter and say "this vehicle has damaged my car, I need the car owners details for insurance purposes. "
    A very cynical grumpy old man
    Late 2004 2.7D auto
    Connoisseur of Fine Ales
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - What a ride, where are the wimmin?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Greenfield View Post
    Arrived back from Brighton to find that damage had been done to the rear offside of my car while I was away. Fortunately, a neighbour witnessed what happened and took a note of the registration on the offending car and also time and date

BN14 ZRG is a small (1000cc) Grey Ford and it is taxed and MOT'd
    A very cynical grumpy old man
    Late 2004 2.7D auto
    Connoisseur of Fine Ales
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - What a ride, where are the wimmin?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Damage is on the rear offside across and below the bumper. Obviously whoever it was has been parked behind me and mis-judged everything when pulling out. The lady who witnessed it says that the guy knew he had done it and she could see and hear it pushing against my car.
    The damage is not really really bad but when you have an immaculate vehicle which you really care about it's ****** annoying. Also going through insurance will be done on a knock for knock basis and I'll probably loose my NCB
    2004 3.0 se

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim you won't necessarily lose your NCB, most policies include NCB protection now. Ask your insurer as if it's just a query to know. I can have 1 claim per 12 month period without losing mine, and my excess is protected too so I don't pay anything at all.

It's all up to individual insurance companies.

If it is just scratches and will polish out have a go, otherwise report it so you're covered.

I would report it to the police asap anyway, the bloke drove off. As long as you report it since the bloke drove off, I don't think the police care as nobody was injured. They will tell you if it's not necessary to report it. Then you can tell us and we'll know more!

Get a couple of quotes too, to compare against your insurance excess.

The longer you leave it the more questions you will face if you claim on your insurance and don't know the small print.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would report it to the police asap anyway, the bloke drove off. As long as you report it since the bloke drove off, I don't think the police care as nobody was injured. They will tell you if it's not necessary to report it. Then you can tell us and we'll know more!

It is an offence and the penalty is up to 10 points an up to £5000 fine and the option to imprison for 6 months
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast