Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mk 2 Restoration advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cass3958 View Post
    I used a rotisserie when I rebuilt my S Type and it is now holding my Ford Anglia during its rebuild. The rotisserie sits about 9 inches to a foot longer than the car at each end but does not affect the width. The car rotates on the rotisserie and will go completely upside down which is great for doing any welding to the underside of the car. I would say that you would need a double sized garage for width so it can rotate and you can walk around it. I would also say you needed an extra two foot on the height of a normal garage as the car rotates on its centre line which is just below the level of the windows so to get the car on its side it has to be over half the width of the car off the ground with a bit of room. The S TYpe and Mk2 are both around 5 foot six inches wide so you would need about 7 foot ceiling height to be comfortable.
    Hi WearleJ, I would agree with the above.

2. Thanks wearlej thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm afraid I agree with SV8Predator!! There are plenty of good cars around and still at reasonable prices.

Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree, this looks like a good project car and once done the op will have a car where they know what it's like rather than some fillered up old spud with a nice cost of paint.

There are still good cheap cars around but they are few and far between these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123