Thread: E pace keeps breaking, bad customer service experience

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation E pace keeps breaking, bad customer service experience

Hello,

I've been having issues with e pace. The car was purchased one year ago and has been in and out of service for 7 months now. They had to take the engine out twice already, strip down the interior of the car etc.

It's been less than a month since last service and the car drives but feels more like a 10 y.o. car than a year old: , engine sounds weird, fuel efficiency down, antifreeze must be leaking or something, the interior makes squeaking noises and so on... I don't even want to use it anymore, it's too much of a headache at this point. Shouldn't Jaguar Land Rover either replace the car or take it back since it's under warranty?

Customer service hasn't been of much help so far('we're looking into it') so I thought I'd look online for advice...

Thanks,
    Andre

Post Thanks / Like
    You have the right to reject a faulty car within 30 days and then up to six months if you have given the dealer one attempt to fix a fault. After six months you have to prove the fault was present when you bought the car which will probably be very difficult if you bought it one year ago even if still under warranty. You will need solid proof that the car was faulty the day you bought it rather than the fault or faults occurring the day afterwards.

https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car/
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    You have the right to reject a faulty car within 30 days and then up to six months if you have given the dealer one attempt to fix a fault. After six months you have to prove the fault was present when you bought the car which will probably be very difficult if you bought it one year ago even if still under warranty. You will need solid proof that the car was faulty the day you bought it rather than the fault or faults occurring the day afterwards.

https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car/
    Thanks for the information. What if it's been proven that the car was faulty at the time of purchase, but the Jaguar people ignore the issue. Is there anything that can be done in this case?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wavefunction View Post
    Thanks for the information. What if it's been proven that the car was faulty at the time of purchase, but the Jaguar people ignore the issue. Is there anything that can be done in this case?
    If you have proof and Jaguar refuse to acknowledge it then court action may be the only way to solve it.

You can take out a claim online for around £400 (refundable if you win) if the amount you are claiming is between £5,000 to £10,000 (otherwise up to £100,000 it's 4.5%). However, simply sending a copy of court papers prior to making the claim may well get a response from Jaguar!
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    What I find concerning here is that there is no apparent response from Jaguar Customer care to Wavefunction other than "we will look into it " Wavefunction has posted about one of the newer Jaguar models on the best jaguar forum It is not good PR for the brand and not good for wavefunction.
    2007 X358 2.7D exec
    previous 2002 S type 3.0 manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaguar Customer Care ? They don’t understand the meaning of the word care as they are trained to patronise, and deny known problems. EG. If you’re unfortunate enough to drive a diesel engine E pace and only drive short distances on the school run it is inevitable that the DPF will clog up. It cannot be regenerated by the dealer any more so the first time it will be replaced under warranty. If it clogs again and it will if your driving habit does not change no warranty this time and the customer picks up the bill. This happened to a colleague and owner of a 3 month old E Pace and he is having a futile argument with customer care who are under pressure to save money for the failing company.
    2 rejected F Paces for a 2018 XF 2.0D AWD Sportbrake. caesium blue with goodies. 2006 4.2 XK Convertible Frost Blue & Ivory for wonderful summer use.