Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: IDS 125 for older 2000 S type

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuspd View Post
    I couldn't get the older version of IDS to work on a VM on a modern machine. In the end, the only way I could get it to work was to install XP Pro on a very old Pentium II laptop and install 1.30 on that. It's slow, but it works.
    Marcuspd… I am keen to get your comment on my last post based on your experience. I borrowed a windows xp machine from a friend, but his windows explorer is not working and hence version 130 won't fire up on his machine and can't find a copy of explorer 6 to repair it nor can find a non-vm copy of v125 that I can install directly on the machine.
    Free Bird
    S-Type, 2000, V6
    260,000km

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by free bird View Post
    Marcuspd… I am keen to get your comment on my last post based on your experience. I borrowed a windows xp machine from a friend, but his windows explorer is not working and hence version 130 won't fire up on his machine and can't find a copy of explorer 6 to repair it nor can find a non-vm copy of v125 that I can install directly on the machine.
    I tried firing up my old laptop to have a look but it crashed and now won't restart.

I did confirm the version before though and you need to make sure it's Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 (SP2). It did have a version of Internet
    Explorer 6 too though, so you're OK there.

IE6 is built into Windows as far as I know, but you may be able to re-install it, or at least reset the settings from Control Panel. Removing and re-adding again should be in "Add/Remove Programs>Add or remove Windows components" and resetting all IE6 settings in the "Internet Settings" icon.

Still trying to boot up, but freezing now. It did it's job when I was programming keys but looks to be on it's last legs now.

I always seemed to think the VM versions of 130 or earlier, worked OK in SDD, but once you put it into IDS, the USB cable drivers were too new for the IDS program to read properly. I seem to remember it was something I'd have another go at when I had more time.

Edit - I've got the old laptop working OK now. The CMOS battery was flat, but now charged, I've hacked another 30 days activation out of the XP Pro copy and printed the fix to get another 30 days activation when next needed next time.
    Last edited by Marcuspd; 14-08-19 at 14:59.
    Jaguar S Type 3.0 V6 Sport 2001.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234