Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XF InControl Touch Map Updates - 2017 registration, 2018 model

Post Thanks / Like

XF InControl Touch Map Updates - 2017 registration, 2018 model

Hi all,

anyone know if there is likely to be a map update for InControl Touch systems or the date of the last update? Current version in my system is 26.1.9780 as it has been since I bought the car October 2018. I've tried talking to Jaguar customer services and so far I've been told that there are 2 map updates a year (not in my experience) and that map updates are chargeable (not what I was told by more than one salesman. The car has a service contract for the 1st 2 x services + subscriptions for InControl Protect & Remote Premium.

I'm about to do a 2,500 mile round trip through France, Spain, Ireland and then back to the UK. I'm considering buying a TomTom to overcome the deficiencies of the current out-of-date map. Anyone got any map information or suggestions?

Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, the maps are indeed chargeable, only the touch pro maps are free and updated regularly.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Touch Pro map updates are subscription based, it just so happens that there is a three year subscription included in the price of the system

Post Thanks / Like
    The price JLR ask for a map upgrade is laughable. I invested in a Garmin SmartDrive 51 with lifetime map updating for a fraction of the cost of updating my XF system, it is also a far superior system to the InControl satnav.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do the touch pro maps update ?
    Jaguar XFS 3.0d 2017 Loire blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gracespacepace View Post
    How do the touch pro maps update ?
    Download the update from https://www.jaguar.here.com/index.php using a fat32 formatted USB stick with a minimum size of 32GB. Takes 10-15 min for the car to update the map.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest update ...... I've had a few frustrating telephone conversations / email exchanges with Jaguar customer services. They say that there was an update May 2019 and that was verions number 28.1.10507. The cost for an update is £97. The problem is that when I try to update via the InControl Touch app (NOT FOR THE PRO VERSION) via "Buy Updates" the message is that I have the latest version. The version currently installed is
    26.1.9780. Has anyone out there successfully updated to the May release?

Customer services have also said that updates will no longer be twice a year but will go down to one per year. I feel very badly let down by Jaguar. What is the point of an out-of-date satnav system. The cost of 2 updates would buy a top of the range satnav system that is regularly updated. Is it surprising that Jaguar are losing market share.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been in conversation with Jaguar about this issue for about 3 weeks now but is still not resolved. The car was registered in March 2017, i got it in June 2017. I've never been able to do an update but the version in the car is 28.1.10507, which is says is the latest update. How can this be, two and a half years on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Hmel, thanks for the information. That is strange though as I've just been told by customer services that the latest update was May this year and was version number 28.1.10507. So possible yet more BS from Jaguar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi hmel ….. I've exchanged further emails with Jaguar customer services and their response is
    "The relevant team has been able to investigateand have advised it seems someone has tried to update the software using SOTA(Software over the Air) but had been unsuccessful. + The comparison vehicle may have had asuccessful SOTA download, which would explain why an older vehicle has a latersoftware level."

Could you confirm that your vehicle has the 8inch screen InTouch system (physical buttons down both sides) or is it the 10inch screen InControl Touch Pro system. As far as I'm aware there is no SOTA(Software over the Air) with the InTouch system but there is with the Pro system.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast