Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XF InControl Touch Map Updates - 2017 registration, 2018 model

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi App2, Yes I have InTouch system with the 8inch screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi hmel, thanks for the prompt response. Have you installed a data SIM card?
    I have but its only use is as a WiFi hotspot - I installed a SIM card so that I can stream via my bluetooth connected phone BBC radio 4 when we're driving in Europe. As far as I'm aware our model of infotainment system / satnav does not have
    SOTA(Software over the Air).

I'm trying to reduce Jaguars wriggle room by making sure we have the correct information. If they solve my problem hopefully it will also resolve yours. Thanks again for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I did install a data SIM some time ago but don't have one in at the moment. No, I don't think it has SOTA in either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi hmel …. Customer services want me to take into a garage to check software revisions & I'm not sure what else ……. that's happening next Tuesday and I will update if it produces anything useful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope it throws some light on the issue! I went to the local dealer as well as the dealer where I bought the car, but made no progress. In fact I spoke to one of the service engineers where I bought the car and he said if you make any progress with Jaguar, let me know what they say!

Post Thanks / Like
    Crazy situation …. I'll have to consider ways of taking this further through a complaint via an ombudsman or maybe there is a case to be made via trading standards. I'll see what Jaguar do next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crazy situation …. I'll have to consider ways of taking this further through a complaint via an ombudsman or maybe there is a case to be made via trading standards. I'll see what Jaguar does next.

Post Thanks / Like
    just been on the incontrol touch pro website/maps and services:

EUROPE & RUSSIA MAP
    Latest version available:08.030.0098.0153Size:Approx. 25 GB

I have a 3 year subscription and this is showing as the latest version for download.

chris
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jaguar XF 2.0 Manual Sapphire Blue.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris, the problem is with the InControl Touch system not the InControl Touch Pro. They are very different systems.
    Last edited by App42; 14-08-19 at 11:49.

Post Thanks / Like
    SatNav for the InControl Touch runs from an SD card located in the centre console, and updates can only be made using a PC or Mac and downloading an updater program from the website https://jaguar.welcome.naviextras.com that you run with the SD card plugged in your computer. The website is totally secretive and you have to go through this exercise before you will know if there is an update available, and how much they will charge you for the pleasure.

This is a third party and costs are not covered by any service plans or any other arrangement that I know of, but I am limited to my own experience and what I have read here and elsewhere. I took delivery of my MY 2017 in July 2016 complete with a map database that was datestamped August 2014. I shamed the dealer into paying for one upgrade, and I have not bothered to update since then because quite frankly the system is just not good enough, especially compared against any of Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, or what I use most is Sygic (with offline maps).

Jaguar are very unlikely to respond positively and to my knowledge and understanding you have zero recourse, but again that is just my opinion; your mileage may vary.

I love the XF, it is a company care and I will seriously think about another in due course. But any future car just needs Apple CarPlay - there is just no point in the cost, fuss or frustrations of built-in navigation. It is however deeply sad to observe that Jaguar are pretty bad here - good enough that it works, not good enough that it works really well.

For your journey around Europe if you want reliable navigation and have a good enough data roaming package then use Waze; if you do not then consider Sygic (online traffic updates are an option, and work well).
    Last edited by jbn; 14-08-19 at 19:01.
    XF X260 in Switzerland

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast