Thread: Should I buy F-pace?

Post Thanks / Like

Should I buy F-pace?

Hi I currently have a range rover evouqe dynamic ...its a beautiful car but after 2 years I think its time for something different... Im thinking of an F pace, not sure what model but around the 2016 plate with around 20K to 30K miles on. Are there specific things I should check for when looking around one? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely check for any driveline and engine vibration between 1800 and 2400 RPM in 5th gear as I am told by my dealer this problem can still exist. I rejected 2 new F Paces during 2016 /17 with this problem which Jaguar customer services then informed me it was a characteristic of the vehicle which was their ploy in trying to stop further rejections. Best of luck!
    2 rejected F Paces for a 2018 XF 2.0D AWD Sportbrake. caesium blue with goodies. 2006 4.2 XK Convertible Frost Blue & Ivory for wonderful summer use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I chucked 28k of trouble free miles on my 180 R-Sport, was a great car.

A much more agile car than the older Evoque, quieter and lighter to

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I bought my FPace 180 R Sport manual 2 wheeled drive. in Dec 16, now done 44000 miles, with 74 best ever MPG and averaging 58+ for normal driving. Best car ever, 110 tax, got it with 5 years free servicing, with bargaining as I do loads of miles. They didn't know that at the time or else wouldn't have offered it 😊. So yes, buy one and enjoy the experience. I've just extended the warranty till 100000 for 60 odd per month. Worth every penny, then trouble free driving.

Post Thanks / Like
    My cousin recently left his local Jaguar dealer having served a couple of years as Head of Customer Service. The stories he's since told about the F-Pace are quite remarkable and I'd never buy one, although I get that there are thousands of happy owners!
    1. I'll leave this link as a reminder to me of My First Love: http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=77370
    2. My beautiful 2007 X-Type 2.5 Estate (with a mid-sport exhaust) in metallic Quartz Grey was written off in Nov '17 thanks to a moron kid in a Fiesta who thought it'd be a good idea to pull off Mummy's drive with a totally misted up screen..... https://i.imgur.com/vbmT78y.jpg
    3. My new love is a pristine 2003 XJ6 X350 3.0 auto

Post Thanks / Like
    As Hydrajaws says check for vibration. On ours (2.0D AWD, 180PS, 2017 MY) it happens at ~1,650 revs in any gear when the car is under load e.g. 70mph in top when you encounter a slight incline on the motorway. Based on various loan cars it seems later cars suffered less from this particular 'characteristic'.
    2017 F-Pace 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Portfolio in Indus Silver
    2001 XK8 4.0 Coupe in Quartz
    1989 XJ40 4.0 Sovereign (gone but not forgotten)