Thread: S type catalyst problem-3.0 L petrol

Post Thanks / Like

S type catalyst problem-3.0 L petrol

I have recently replaced the catalyst[after market] on my Stype 3.0 l petrol auto[138,000 miles]-error code P 0420[catalyst system efficiency below threshold Bank 1] is shown again.Does anything need reprogramming?Could the back box be contaminated from the failed catalyst?Could the new catalyst be faulty?Any help would be greatly appreciated.The car runs well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked the O2 sensor to confirm that it is the catalytic converter and not an O2 sensor failure?
    Free Bird
    S-Type, 2000, V6
    280,000km

Post Thanks / Like
    Also make sure there is no air leak between the upstream and down stream O2 sensors. This also throws the P0420 error.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.