Thread: Wire Wheel Balancing

Post Thanks / Like

Wire Wheel Balancing

Anyone in the South Devon area have a set of cones to balance wire wheels that I could borrow. Modern garages do not possess them and therefore cannot balance wire wheels correctly. If not I will have to buy a set but they are £75 a throw.
    Rob.C.
    1968 Jaguar S Type 3.4 Auto Old English white
    2006 X type SE 2.0d Estate
    1966 Ford Anglia 1760 X flow
    1993 Yamaha FJ1200
    2012 Old English Sheep Dog White and Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cass3958 View Post
    Anyone in the South Devon area have a set of cones to balance wire wheels that I could borrow. Modern garages do not possess them and therefore cannot balance wire wheels correctly. If not I will have to buy a set but they are £75 a throw.
    All sorted now have decided to buy a set so if anyone in Devon wants to borrow a set please contact me.
    Rob.C.
    1968 Jaguar S Type 3.4 Auto Old English white
    2006 X type SE 2.0d Estate
    1966 Ford Anglia 1760 X flow
    1993 Yamaha FJ1200
    2012 Old English Sheep Dog White and Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, had to visit quite a few tyre places to balance my wire wheels on my S type.

I finally found a branch of ATS tyres in Chesterfield who had the correct cones to reach the central spindle. I think they are a national company so presumably their other branches can do the same.

I can’t get over the tremendous difference it made to the steering and general handling of the car. I would seriously recommend you have your wheels balanced even if the car feels ok with no wheel tremor.
    2019 XJ SWB Portfolio. Loire Blue; Oyster interior. ACC; Self-parking and loads of other extras....
    1998 BMW Z3 Convertible - owned since 2014; Auto; air-con. Really good fun to drive
    1965 Jaguar S type 3.8 litre, chrome wire wheels, Webasto roof. Still owned since 1987.