Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't fancy the sound of that to be hones.
    2006 X-Type 2.0 SE Diesel Estate: 130,000 miles and climbing!
    Heart of Gold, Nerves of Steel, Knob of Butter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RF900R View Post
    Don't fancy the sound of that to be hones.
    you could get away with dropping the CAT and exhaust and using a long spray house to get to the rear turbine, but thats even more difficult.
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 131k Miles --
    '06 plate X-Type 2.0D Sport Ultraviolet -120k Miles --

Post Thanks / Like
    hi, just a comment if I may,
    had this trouble myself a couple of times, got great advice from several members,
    but same thing happened after 6 months or so, did the same ( turbo cleaner etc).
    read another thread re:- adding 2 stroke oil to fuel, (not as a remedy for turbo probs' ,but a general lubrication of fuel pump) tried that 9 months ago and had no problem with turbo since.
    I have started driving more spiritedly ( midlife crisis? ) so as your suggestions its more likely that than the oil addition.
    just thought i'd mention it.
    cheers,
    mickbilly.`
    X Type 2.2 diesel sport. 55 reg.

4. Likes RF900R liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mickbilly - I've been using a bit more pressure on the right foot over the last couple of days, and it's now climbing past 3,500 revs no problem, and a LOT less smoke, so Ragemonkey is certainly right what he's saying. Planning to work on the turbo actuator arm this weekend as per his instructions to hopefully clear a bit more crap out. I'll have a look into the 2 stroke oil thing too, sounds interesting and if it can get to parts that other oils can't reach then no harm done I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mickbilly - I've been using a bit more pressure on the right foot over the last couple of days, and it's now climbing past 3,500 revs no problem, and a LOT less smoke, so Ragemonkey is certainly right what he's saying. Planning to work on the turbo actuator arm this weekend as per his instructions to hopefully clear a bit more crap out. I'll have a look into the 2 stroke oil thing too, sounds interesting and if it can get to parts that other oils can't reach then no harm done I guess.

my 2p on two stroke oil. I put 150ml of two stroke oil covered 6740 miles ( what i do between MOTS )

no change in MPG still 38-42 per tank (average drive)

best 65mpg (long motorway journey)

no change in emissions at MOT.

i swapped to archoil after first MOT. 150ml per tank

covered 6535 miles

increase in MPG 44-48 per tank

best 67mpg (long motorway journey)

emissions dropped 30% on next MOT

Car felt the same to drive the whole time.

both cost me about the same. All test were done with fuel from the same forecourt (ASDA westbrook in warrington)
    EGR was blanked for the whole time (except during the MOT itself).

for me two stroke has a greater effect on the older mechanical style injectors, rather than our newer type.

also should mention i prefill the fuel filter with 100ml of archoil, and previously 50ml of two stroke oil every service (6 month intervals)

I also had small increases with the missus 2.0, although less of an effect as the PO was a spirited driver and it has been remapped to 170bhp
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Thanks x-files thanked for this post
    Likes RF900R, Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ragemonkey - I've just stumbled on a thread here about 2 stroke. It started off positive, then got a bit weird with baby oil, then ended up with a sort of "don't bother" theme. I love this forum!

9. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ragemonkey - I've just stumbled on a thread here about 2 stroke. It started off positive, then got a bit weird with baby oil, then ended up with a sort of "don't bother" theme. I love this forum!
    sums up the member base perfectly.

11. Likes RF900R liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And those members will know that I like a splash of ZX1 everywhere. Keeps all things slippery.

13. Likes RF900R liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Not wishing to start a big argument, but the advised ratio for fuel to oil 10ltrs/50ml of the cheapest 2 stroke you can find. And for the best bang you can get, is to add 25ml of 2EHN per 50ltrs of fuel.
    I can't be fussed to record mpg with and without oil because of the variety of driving conditions. However, on my long runs to the bolt hole, I will return about 600 miles per tank. Thats running fully loaded with everything from scaffold boards to bacon, on the speed limit of Mach 0.105096 down to country lanes where you would be stupid to do Mach 0.064675.

Signed At home for 5 days this month.
    Got ST brakes on the ST, not the X type
    2009 X Type 2.2D Sovereign Estate
    2008 Focus ST2 CR285 plus some interesting mods, only driven on dry Sundays.

15. Likes RF900R liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not really the return on the mpg that intrigued me, more the lubrication side of things. I've thrown a bottle on ZX1 through it a few months ago, and yes I did notice a difference in the engine nose, and a small increase in mpg there, so I'm not adverse to additives. I would be interested to know what other people think about the 2 stroke oil, with more recent knowledge. The thread I found was a few years old.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast