Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ...speeding!

Post Thanks / Like

...speeding!

With my Jaguar being in at the repairers, I've just had a couple of weeks down Barcelona way in the Mondeo.

Got home this afternoon and there's a speeding ticket from our friends in France laying on the door mat!

128kph in a 110kph zone and the fine is Euro 45.

It's not the money, it's the fact the DVLA have sent the French my details!
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc

Post Thanks / Like
    The law allows the release of personal data - the DVLA does not need the vehicle keeper’s consent to disclose their details.

The law also allows the DVLA to charge a fee to cover the cost of processing requests under reasonable cause, so the cost is covered by the requestor and not passed on to the taxpayer.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...-registers.pdf
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Drat!

You wouldn't have been speeding in the Jag, you'ld have taken more care while enjoying the luxurious ride, right Chris?

As it happens, how much would the UK fine be I wonder, 11mph over in a 65mph limit, roughly, £60? Plus points on your licence?

4. Likes WelshXF, StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StokieChris View Post
    With my Jaguar being in at the repairers, I've just had a couple of weeks down Barcelona way in the Mondeo.

Got home this afternoon and there's a speeding ticket from our friends in France laying on the door mat!

128kph in a 110kph zone and the fine is Euro 45.

It's not the money, it's the fact the DVLA have sent the French my details!
    Likewise got caught 135 kph on the motorway (120kph limit) in Spain earlier this year.
    100 Euro fine but halved if you pay within 20 days so 50 Euro but as Jim says no points so to be honest pretty happy.
    2007 Slate Grey 4.2 XK-R Convertible
    Jagwrangler one touch roof and rear windows mod. Rear spoiler antenna and boot lid amplifier upgrade. Fuse 19 switch installed discretely below dash/steering wheel. Red stuff brake pads. Replacement white "R" caliper decals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Earlier this year, after the Gillet Jaunes started wrecking cameras, the French started back dating speeding fines as far back as August last year. There were lots of comments on Pistonheads about it.
    At least there is no worry about getting points.
    Just for the record, there are still a few cameras out of action.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbeliere View Post
    Earlier this year, after the Gillet Jaunes started wrecking cameras, the French started back dating speeding fines as far back as August last year. There were lots of comments on Pistonheads about it.
    At least there is no worry about getting points.
    Just for the record, there are still a few cameras out of action.
    Sorry that does not seem so common here now.

A few years ago, in my area a lot of "Taxation cameras" had old tyres filled with diesel hung on them and then lit.

Can we hope that this transfer of Data will end as we Leave the EU? Seems bad enough releasing it to car park scammers without helping foreign fund raisers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received a letter from the Berlin police accusing me of driving there with a damaged exhaust at 5.30 in the morning.

There was just one slight problem if was for a car that I scrapped two years ago. I notified the authorities about this when I registered my new car and handed in my old cars papers and they confiscated the number plates because they refused to reissue them to my new car.

I am still waiting to hear what is going to happen next.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    I just received a letter from the Berlin police accusing me of driving there with a damaged exhaust at 5.30 in the morning.

There was just one slight problem if was for a car that I scrapped two years ago. I notified the authorities about this when I registered my new car and handed in my old cars papers and they confiscated the number plates because they refused to reissue them to my new car.

I am still waiting to hear what is going to happen next.
    You really should stop towing those cannons of yours!

2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here if you want to scrap a car you have to use an ATF (authorised treatment facility), hand over the V5C but keep the yellow sell/transfer section and inform the DVLA - £1000 fine if you don't. You can keep the registration number if you want to keep it. You will then get a letter or e-mail confirming this.
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    See, we've become the untrusted in our own countries because the next generations really are untrustworthy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast