Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please recommend a diagnostic tool for my jaguar

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sensible as there are counterfeits on the market.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add an update to this the iCarsoft CR V2.0 that I bought does NOT code X-type injectors "at the moment" the option is there for XF and XJ only. UK Parts Direct were responsive and have asked the question, but I am surprised as it is a pretty common engine!
    X-Type 06 2.0L Diesel Estate - "Schrodinger" - possibly dead, possibly not, won't know until I open the bonnet

Post Thanks / Like
    We use the SDD/IDS version 1.30 with a mongoose pro clone to program modules on the earlier cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep that looks like my future too, - need a laptop. - But i was thinking of buying a usb oscilloscope so it might be a whole kit of ££
    I was hoping that Forescan might work on Android but as suspected not after 2005.

So if anyone has a spare/unwanted mon/mangoose let me know!
    X-Type 06 2.0L Diesel Estate - "Schrodinger" - possibly dead, possibly not, won't know until I open the bonnet

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a second hand laptop from ebay. it does not matter how good it is as long as it will run xp or windows 7. You have to leave it on the charger and the car as well so that you don't brick a module.

my USB oscilloscope cost around 40 pounds from Amazon but I have never needed it for my car.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to make my life complicated I'm thinking of getting a rugged Win 10 tablet to run Picoscope 6 on, giving me a full size touch driven oscilloscope. Then I can run Virtualbox and install the SDD full set up on here, XP has an on screen keyboard for the occasional time it would be needed. A convertible Toughbook might be easier though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12