Thread: Mark VII hood release cable brocken

Post Thanks / Like

Mark VII hood release cable brocken

The hood release cable on my Mark VII broke. How do I get the hood open?. I have looked up from the bottom of the car and I can't see anything that looks like a cable housing. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard M View Post
    The hood release cable on my Mark VII broke. How do I get the hood open?. I have looked up from the bottom of the car and I can't see anything that looks like a cable housing. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Richard, I'm in Southern California with a lovely Mark IX. At one point when my mechanic was doing the full rebuild on my 3.8, my cable slipped and wasn't pulling on the release hard enough to activate it. So my mechanic used a very long flat-blade screwdriver and *very carefully* activated the release through the front grill. If you have trouble, he could talk you through it after looking at my car again to re-familiarize himself with what he did. PM me with contact info if that's the case. Good luck!
    I have God, family, friends, and my Jaguars. All I need now is more garage space.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Thanks for the quick responce.

Quote Originally Posted by CanyonLakeJags View Post
    Richard, I'm in Southern California with a lovely Mark IX. At one point when my mechanic was doing the full rebuild on my 3.8, my cable slipped and wasn't pulling on the release hard enough to activate it. So my mechanic used a very long flat-blade screwdriver and *very carefully* activated the release through the front grill. If you have trouble, he could talk you through it after looking at my car again to re-familiarize himself with what he did. PM me with contact info if that's the case. Good luck!
    I won't be able to try the suggestion until next week. At that time I will let you know how it goes. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard M View Post
    I won't be able to try the suggestion until next week. At that time I will let you know how it goes. Thanks.
    Good luck! Send pics (of the car, not the hood release)
    I have God, family, friends, and my Jaguars. All I need now is more garage space.