Thread: Xj351 sounds tinney

Post Thanks / Like

Xj351 sounds tinney

Hi all i am new to the forum i own a 2014 Jaguar xj351 portfolio 3.0 swb i have noticed on tick over the engine sounds noise but as soon as i start driving the noise goes away can someone shed some light on this please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smd1113 View Post
    Hi all i am new to the forum i own a 2014 Jaguar xj351 portfolio 3.0 swb i have noticed on tick over the engine sounds noise but as soon as i start driving the noise goes away can someone shed some light on this please. Visit Autofthings to review the best automotive multimeter if you concern.
    I will first check the belts if they are worn or not? Also, the commonly overlook and fix is bearings in the idler or the tensioner pulley starting to fail. You can try with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard, sir. I think that you will find a friendly and helpful bunch in the X351 section: https://www.jaguarforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97.

You could always put your car details in your signature, when you have a moment, and we thrive on photographs!

(... a word of warning - you will have to decide which side of the debate you fall on, to wash or not to wash!)