Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slam pan rubber adjuster help needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Slam pan rubber adjuster help needed.

When you open a x type bonnet you have 2 rubber height adjusters on the slam pan which you screw in or out so when you shut your bonnet it rests against them to adjust bonnet height.

How do you screw these in or out? I tried by hand quite hard with a tight grip and no luck? Any ideas please I want to adjust one side by unscrewing it a little so the bonnet sits flush

Post Thanks / Like
    Same issue on my XJ,

Took the bonnet buffer out and then freed it using mole grips and wd40

For an X type, new are part number C2S45234.

I bought 4 new ones which are a different part number and cheaper, no idea why, must be a different size.

If you know someone who has an XJ X350/358, compare 1 of yours to theirs, you never know they might be the same size.

Rich
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB
    Midnight Black with Ivory & Black Suedecloth Headlining
    All options except Sunroof
    Longlife Exhaust & a Caldoofy - Waft 'N' Loud
    F Pace 19" Bionic Alloys
    Bespoke Sheepskin Rugs

My Showroom Thread

Issues, Fixes & Mods Thread

2008MY Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

Should I feel the urge to exercise, I'll lie down and wait for the urge to pass.

Post Thanks / Like
    They should just screw in or out but they have a metal thread so will likely have corroded beyond use.

Where are you Mick? I have a couple of new ones (well one new, still in its bag and one that I fitted a few months before taking the car off the road) that I don't need any more.

Richard.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RWD3M View Post
    They should just screw in or out but they have a metal thread so will likely have corroded beyond use.

Where are you Mick? I have a couple of new ones (well one new, still in its bag and one that I fitted a few months before taking the car off the road) that I don't need any more.

Richard.
    Yes they have the metal thread I think they are rusty. I will try free them with wd40 and mole grips. I am from Leicester. How much would you want for them? Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try free them with wd40
    Why not use the proper stuff - penetrating oil ?
    2007 2.5 AWD SE auto saloon. 40K miles
    Glacier Blue/ Barley. Bronze Sapele Pommele wood
    !7" Bermudas

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Micka View Post
    Yes they have the metal thread I think they are rusty. I will try free them with wd40 and mole grips. I am from Leicester. How much would you want for them? Cheers
    Call it a tenner and I'll stick them in a jiffy bag for you.

PM me your address.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Call it a tenner and I'll stick them in a jiffy bag for you.

PM me your address.

Brilliant do you have paypal? Will PM you now. Will sort payment Friday payday thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Richard.
    Just been outside I tried mole grips and penetrating oil when I try to loosen it the plastic square clip throng that it screws into tries to spin looking like it will snap if I keep trying to loosen it.

Will these snap on loosening how do I take them off and remove the them?

Also Richard do yours come with the plastic bottom bits that they screw into?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they do. I'll take a pic later and send it to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they do. I'll take a pic later and send it to you.

Do you have an email address I can send it to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast