Thread: DSC error / P1571 (Manual, 2.0d)

Post Thanks / Like

DSC error / P1571 (Manual, 2.0d)

My X-Type developed a DSC issue, suddenly, and without any reason.

I hooked SDD to the car, and I found a report on Brake switch malfunction. Error is P1571

Is there something I could do to make this switch work again? I tried recommended procedure on holding the break 4 times for 30+ seconds, but that didn't work.Thanks

EDIT: The brake works, and rear clusters turn on when I press the brake. I got the DSC light to light up when I was checking rear light bulbs while the car was turned on. Maybe it is a coincidence, and maybe not.
    Jaguar S-Type R / year 2003
    Jaguar X-Type 2.0d Executive / year 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    There are two brake pedal switches, one is for the brake lights, the other is for cruise/DSC. If either switch fails or becomes loose, the DCS/cruise gets disabled as a safety precaution. It might be worth checking that both switches are secure.
    (EX) '06 2.0D SE Estate

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I will dive in tomorrow and check (it is dark now).
    When they say brake switch malfunction, I presume that one is the light switch, otherwise they would say it is the cruise switch.

Found them here:

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.../brand/jaguar/

They are quite cheap, but I think it is just that something is loose down there.
    Jaguar S-Type R / year 2003
    Jaguar X-Type 2.0d Executive / year 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if they differentiate because they are both on the brake pedal. There are also switches on the Clutch pedal (if it's a manual gearbox) for the cruise as well, so they probably wouldn't call it 'cruise switch'

It is probably worth looking to see if one of the switches has unclipped, before ordering any. Someone here recently had one unclip. I wonder if they can be accidently kicked if you try to operate the brakes eg while standing outside the car and reaching in maybe to test the brake lights?

See this post;

https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthre...=1#post1200041
    (EX) '06 2.0D SE Estate

Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant, thanks. Will check tomorrow.