Thread: buying 2019 Jaguar XF 300 sport need advice on engine choice

Post Thanks / Like

buying 2019 Jaguar XF 300 sport need advice on engine choice

Hi Guys, i think I posted this in the wrong group before. I am British living in North Italy and only just turning onto the Jaguar brand. I am lucky enough to be considering leasing one of two cars. Both 2019 Jaguar XF 300 sports. One is rear wheel drive with the 3.0L V6 Diesel, the other is AWD with the 2.0L 4cylinder twin turbo petrol. Normally i would jump at the V6 but living in the North of Italy I am often driving in the mountains and the AWD is pulling me. Does anyone have experience with the 300ps 2.0L? I am also concerned about the long term prospects with a diesel engine. if anyone has either of these engines then any advice would be appreciated? Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnasher_uk View Post
    Hi Guys, i think I posted this in the wrong group before. I am British living in North Italy and only just turning onto the Jaguar brand. I am lucky enough to be considering leasing one of two cars. Both 2019 Jaguar XF 300 sports. One is rear wheel drive with the 3.0L V6 Diesel, the other is AWD with the 2.0L 4cylinder twin turbo petrol. Normally i would jump at the V6 but living in the North of Italy I am often driving in the mountains and the AWD is pulling me. Does anyone have experience with the 300ps 2.0L? I am also concerned about the long term prospects with a diesel engine. if anyone has either of these engines then any advice would be appreciated? Thank you.
    For me the choice would be the petrol car, as there is less to go wrong in the engine and ancillaries like DPF and EGR valves. This is unless the cost of fuel puts you off, but the difference is likely to be not very great. You should get around 30-35 mpg for the petrol which is good enough, really. Of course you'll have the Jaguar warranty, so don't have to worry too much if anything goes wrong, but even so, it's always a PITA to have to visit the dealer to fix a problem, unless you live close. Needless to say, the AWD is better for winter driving if you do a lot of it.
    Fleet manager (!!) of: -
    XE Portfolio 180 AWD 2017
    VW New Beetle 2009
    MG Midget 1500 1977
    MG TF 135 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Fraser, thank you for the advice. I have gone with the petrol awd. Picking up my 2019 Jaguar XF 300 Sport in black next week! Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Solar energy is radiant light and heat from the Sun that is harnessed using a range of ever-evolving technologies such as solar heating, photovoltaics, solar thermal energy, solar architecture, molten salt power plants and artificial photosynthesis. Do Visit: topsolarproducts.com