Thread: Low power in low gear

Post Thanks / Like

Low power in low gear

Hi another issue with my 2004 2.0 d is seems like thereís no power mainly in second if I put my foot down it struggle get to 30mph starts pulling in 3rd n pulls like a train in 4th and 5th is this normal or something a miss car drives sweet as a nut otherwise no smoke engine runs smooth just seems gutless n 2nd

Post Thanks / Like
    my missus 2.0 spins the wheels in second, but it has been remapped, still you shouldn't have issue unless the clutch is slipping, put the windows down and see if you smell clutch.
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 144k Miles --
    '06 plate X-Type 2.0D Sport Ultraviolet -134k Miles --

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mate car had a new LUK clutch and fly wheel done last year got the receipt havenít smelt any burnt clutch smell when driving itís ok in every other gear

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know much about the 2.0 diesel, but would be nice to know what the rev counter is showing when you are in 2nd with the low power problem and 3rd, 4th and 5th when it pulls like a train. Is the 2.0 D turbo charged?
    X-Type, LHD, 2004, 3.0 petrol, AWD, 190,000km, dark Grey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes mate itís turbo charged Iíve checked that and all seems well it will rev right round to 3500 to 4000 rpm in second but struggle to get to 30mph but in other gears at same rpm it goes just carnt seem to feel any boost in the second gear Iím thinking it may be a gasket issue as when I brought the car I gave it a good service took of egr and inlet manifold most of the gaskets had silicone round them and looked worn so Iím going to replace them as car didnít have the issue before it was serviced so may be my bad for not replacing the old gaskets have see

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick78 View Post
    Yes mate it’s turbo charged I’ve checked that and all seems well it will rev right round to 3500 to 4000 rpm in second but struggle to get to 30mph but in other gears at same rpm it goes just carnt seem to feel any boost in the second gear I’m thinking it may be a gasket issue as when I brought the car I gave it a good service took of egr and inlet manifold most of the gaskets had silicone round them and looked worn so I’m going to replace them as car didn’t have the issue before it was serviced so may be my bad for not replacing the old gaskets have see
    Now that makes more sense. I could be wrong but a possible vacuum problem now sounds like the most likely cause. The turbo actuator is a common problem with the X and S type diesels and may be worth exploring if following gasket renewal it fails to cure your fault.
    X-Type, LHD, 2004, 3.0 petrol, AWD, 190,000km, dark Grey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Issue sorted changed gearbox oil other day the stuff that came out was black and like water replaced with Lucas 75w 90 like a different car now wheel spins in second