Thread: How does one activate Apple CarPlay?

Post Thanks / Like

How does one activate Apple CarPlay?

I need to purchase a subscription type extra package from Jaguar, is that right? I think Iíve got one of them packages called Remote, and nothing else(no navigation, no web browser).

Do I have to take the car to Jaguar or can it be dove online? Iíve been researching online and itís not clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I had to purchase as an added extra to have car play downloaded onto my new cars software. Only available via Jaguar I believe which I would strongly
    Recommend as there were a few teething issues which were all resolved by the dealer. Once added and you have updated your iPhone to most recent iOS you should be good to go by just connecting to USB port and iPhone. Would recommend a good quality Apple connection lead. It should automatically then pop up on your car screen. Really impressed by it.

3. Likes wavefunction liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmacneill View Post
    Hi I had to purchase as an added extra to have car play downloaded onto my new cars software. Only available via Jaguar I believe which I would strongly
    Recommend as there were a few teething issues which were all resolved by the dealer. Once added and you have updated your iPhone to most recent iOS you should be good to go by just connecting to USB port and iPhone. Would recommend a good quality Apple connection lead. It should automatically then pop up on your car screen. Really impressed by it.
    Thanks. Was the added extra that you got called the Smartphone Pack?
    Quite a few cool extras on the jaguar website: https://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-rang...echnology.html
    I'm going to phone them in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I think it is the CarPlay software pack itís called. They told me they had stopped installing for a while Due to the number of bugs but all ok now. However when installed on mine on 3 occasions it made every warning light come up on car and when I stopped I had to wait 15mins for car to reset before I could drive again. This was due to bug in new software interrupting the other communications in the car. However after returning it and then clearing all software and downloading again everything has been great so Iím sure you will have no problems now they have ironed out all the bugs. It cost me £169 for the software download via Jaguar.

6. Thanks wavefunction thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theyíve updated the infotainment system and said that the car doesnít support Apple CarPlay, and there is no way to make it work.

Post Thanks / Like
    They let me drive Range Rover Sport Autobiography while the e pace was in service over the weekend. OMG that car is awesome, itís a whole different driving experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wavefunction View Post
    They’ve updated the infotainment system and said that the car doesn’t support Apple CarPlay, and there is no way to make it work.
    My April 2018 car had the software updated for free last month as it was glitchy and my phone connection kept dropping. New software includes Apple CarPlay bundled with it and it definitely works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twabrigs View Post
    My April 2018 car had the software updated for free last month as it was glitchy and my phone connection kept dropping. New software includes Apple CarPlay bundled with it and it definitely works.
    Nice. Did you order any extras when you bought your e pace? Has it got navigation, web browser?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi - it was a JLR management car registered in Apr 2018, I bought it in Aug 2019. It's an R-Dynamic HSE with panoramic roof, black pack and big shiny black 20" wheels. Nav and web browser standard on that spec.