Thread: Eeeny meany miney mo....

Post Thanks / Like

Eeeny meany miney mo....

Hello folks,
    I have just let my gen 1 s-type go to the garage where it was waiting for a replacement gearbox to be fitted, I decided it wasn't worth doing financially as the car wasn't worth the £500 bill, it was a lovely car with only 85k and no rust on it, but they are ten a penny like most older Jags. I didn't think I'd miss it as we have also one of the last 09 plate X-type 3.0l Sov sport wagons to be produced, but after I had given the log book over and I looked at the empty space on the drive,reality set in, truth is ,I miss the old girl. So with my 500 notes thrown in a hat along with some more of my hard earned I have decided to get another Jag under my wing. I think my S-type for me was a better car looks and ride wise than the Sov, so I need some input preferably from owners past or present of the S-type as to what model/gen to go for? I need the one you can still get expansion tanks for (I struggled to find a good s/h one for mine), and what about this gearbox problem that they suffer from, I know they fitted a different box in after 02 I believe, but are these still a pain? Or do I go down the "sensible route" and get a diesel (yikes!) X-type with the cheaper running costs tax and fuel wise or even a diesel s -type which again raises gearbox worries and twin turbo concerns..... Just don't know which way to turn at the moment. I know there's this thing called google which I have trawled over many a brew, but there's nowt like hearing it from the horses mouth as it were from people who are really in the know through their own experiences and ownership of said cars. I'm looking to spend maybe up to 1500 notes this time which I know dosen't sound much but from what I've seen advertised over the last few weeks, it's all you need for a decentish Jag.
    Thanks for any input,
    Mick.

Post Thanks / Like
    What sort of mileage do you do ?
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like

milage

It's a toy and back up for the Sov bud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh in that case buy the 4.2 V8 they tend to have the most toys and give the best driving pleasure
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten