Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UK General Election

Post Thanks / Like

Talking UK General Election

Although the UK general election is a bit close to Christmas to be of any real priority for the majority of UK citizens, nonetheless, MPs will be writing slogans on the side of busses up and down the country that are purely designed to turn attention to winning the election.

Here's one for a kick off from the Torys. An apparent U-turn on fracking to keep the fracking protester happy.

corbyn-describes-govt-u-turn-on-fracking-as-an-election-stunt

Feel free to post any election winning ideas you find on your travels. Cheers.
    2006 Black Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60 | 2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma | 4 Door Saloon
    I like to drive using only my finger tips to change gear shouting - tally ho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Corbyn didn't think of stopping fracking first is all.

Anyone allowing it to continue knowing it causes tremors is a fool. Knowing it can cause tremors well over 2 Richter and possibly up to 4 or higher and ignoring that, and allowing it to continue is... ?

I'll let you chaps nominate a noun and adjective.

This shakeup has shown many of them as the incompetent noncompoops and apes they are.

The best Corbyn can do for Labour is to step aside in favour of Dianne Abbott!

We're now on the election road to Perdition!

Let's hope there's enough new blood to eject the refuse from the houses of parliament permanently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post

This shakeup has shown many of them as the incompetent noncompoops and apes they are.

The best Corbyn can do for Labour is to step aside in favour of Dianne Abbott!

Are you serious or just having a laugh?

Ms Abbot as Labour leader...OMG.....
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post

Oh blimey. That could happen. Could that happen. Funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Having a laugh, bud. Either of them as leader would kill off Labour for the next 4 to 8 years.

I'm not sure if McDonnell would improve their prospects?

Post Thanks / Like
    Having a laugh, bud. Either of them as leader would kill off Labour for the next 4 to 8 years.

I'm not sure if McDonnell would improve their prospects?

Hopefully Comrade Corbyn will lose his second election and do the decent thing and fall on his sword.
    His replacement should ensure a more electable opposition front bench.

If Momentum were to out Comrade Corbyn now,and substitute a more electible leader/front bench,then this election would cease to be a battle between Conservative and Brexit party.

I can see yet another hung parliament being voted in,Tories lacking a working majority and needing to be propped up by A N Other,possibly TBP....so BoJo and Nige need to be talking,now!
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

7. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jim,

"Anyone allowing it to continue knowing it causes tremors is a fool. Knowing it can cause tremors well over 2 Richter and possibly up to 4 or higher and ignoring that, and allowing it to continue is... ?"

From where are you getting these projections? especially the higher one which is 100 times more powerful than a 2 level?

Why is it that frackng is targeted but not bio thermal drilling for instance? It is in the benefit of the country to tap this gas and of the locals in employment opportunities. Mining caused a lot of problems over the years but the negatives of that were accepted as the positives outweigh them. A sensible perspective is needed not the hysteria from the greens.
    Johnson's government is getting far too gren for my liking, May fell for this nonsense but I'd hoped for more from Johnson.

Alec

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

9. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Corbyn didn't think of stopping fracking first is all.

Anyone allowing it to continue knowing it causes tremors is a fool. Knowing it can cause tremors well over 2 Richter and possibly up to 4 or higher and ignoring that, and allowing it to continue is... ?

At 4 on the Richter scale your indoor objects would be shaking and rattling.

1 to 2 on the Richter scale is rarely felt - only above 2 can be felt by some people but at this level it does not cause any damage.

Government limit on fracking is just 0.5 so it was stopped when a reading of 1.55 was recorded...apparently this is the same as someone dropping a bag of shopping.
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like

��������������������������������������

Post Thanks / Like
    UK Election prediction after a hung parliament with Labour, SNP and Lib Dems forming a coalition:

Prime Minister: Jeremy Corbyn
    Deputy PM: Nicola Sturgeon
    Chancellor of the Exchequer: Diane Abbott
    Defence Secretary: John McDonnell
    Home Secretary: Jo Swinson
    Lord Chancellor & Justice Secretary: Ian Blackford

And you think I'm kidding??
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast