Thread: restricted performance indicated on 2004 s-type 3.0 v6

Post Thanks / Like

restricted performance indicated on 2004 s-type 3.0 v6

hi there,i,ve recently purchased my jag, 100k with full main dealer service history, it,s only really going to be a weekend car due to work commitments. I drove it home last week , 75 mile trip no issues, ran great however its been parked up since. I started it tonight and the restricted performance light has come on and its running a bit lumpy,also headlights flickering , any ideas? thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Mr McGill, and welcome to the forum.

Your post is not really "Forum News" though, is it? Best post in the S-Type section (that's after you've charged-up your battery, of course!):

https://www.jaguarforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1973 Jensen Interceptor Mk III 7.2
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for that, I,ll remember in future. it,s a brand new battery by the way

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you got a code reader. You can use a simple one such as an elm.327. You are not able to work on these cars without one.

You will also need a copy of the of the manual. You can get it from Jagrepair.com and the OBDII codes.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you've got the headlights flickering and seemingly random error codes, the first thing to check is always the battery.

Our S-es are notoriously picky when it comes to batteries. If its going bad, you'll get this sort of issues.
    Makes sense since you've had it parked most of the time. Do a proper check of the battery, or give it a good, full charge and have a look how it runs after that.

Probably need to look into battery drain if its a new battery. Or maybe it just wasnt properly charged, ever, although that'd be strange.

6. Likes S-Type Owner liked this post