Thread: My x type 2002 v6 2.1 a drilling noise when i take my foot off accelerator pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Post My x type 2002 v6 2.1 a drilling noise when i take my foot off accelerator pedal

I am hoping to get to the bottom of my problem. I will TRY & detail all information I can to see if anyone can help..

There is a CONSTANT Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...Drilling noise when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal.

1). When you put my foot on the accelerator pedal it STOPS
    2). IN or OUT of GEAR it starts when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal
    3). When I slow down / Brake the noise slows down.
    4). In neutral gear the noise is still there when I have my foot off the accelerator pedal even when the car is moving
    5). I have checked & NOTHING is jammed in the back of the disks or rear plates.
    6). Took off Plastic Engine cover & Nothing loose
    7). It does not do it when the car is stationary..IN or OUT of Gear!
    Well Chap's! ANY HELP APPRECIATED AGAIN
    Last edited by HYMAC1111; 10-11-19 at 13:55. Reason: Spelling!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HYMAC1111 View Post
    I am hoping to get to the bottom of my problem. I will TRY & detail all information I can to see if anyone can help..

There is a CONSTANT Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...Drilling noise when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal.

1). When you put my foot on the accelerator pedal it STOPS
    2). IN or OUT of GEAR it starts when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal
    3). When I slow down / Brake the noise slows down.
    4). In neutral gear the noise is still there when I have my foot off the accelerator pedal even when the car is moving
    5). I have checked & NOTHING is jammed in the back of the disks or rear plates.
    6). Took off Plastic Engine cover & Nothing loose
    7). It does not do it when the car is stationary..IN or OUT of Gear!
    Well Chap's! ANY HELP APPRECIATED AGAIN
    Wheel bearings? or rusting abs sensor reluctor ring? But having re-read the post, point 1) probably rules those out.
    Last edited by MarkFY; 10-11-19 at 16:08.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 81K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HYMAC1111 View Post
    ANY HELP APPRECIATED AGAIN
    You got plenty of answers the last time you asked:

https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=118192
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1973 Jensen Interceptor Mk III 7.2
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3