Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing WiFi in 2016 XF

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KBeee View Post
    On your Home screen, either touch the right arrow or swipe to the left to get to your Extra Features screen. This should contain Timed climate, Cameras, ECO Data, Valet, Ambient lighting, Wi-Fi hotspot, Dynamic-i, Tow Bar, Screen off, ASI Suite - depending what was specced on your car. Is there an entry for WiFi Hotspot there? If not it looks like you don't have WiFi fitted, or maybe the WiFi only becomes available after a data SIM card is installed. This link might help (if it works). Good luck https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/doc.../proc/G1855011
    Thanks for the link, I've seen it before in the hope it would shine a line but I think you could be right in it can't use the phone hotspot but has to have the data sim. The menu items are all there, although I can't change anything, and the slot's there in the boot ready for a sim but I was hoping to just use the phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    My X260 (MY 201 has the InControl Touch (NOT PRO) and I have WiFI hotspot via a data SIM card. The slot is located in the centre console. 3 have a very good deal on data SIMs PAYG - I got 12GB data for a 12 months period for £38. It isn't that useful though as the only thing it will do is provides a WiFi hotspot and with mobile phones deals today I get more data allowance than I can use …. so will probably not renew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly my experience with 3 modern Jags shows there is no such thing as standard.even prestige portfolio etc mean nothing at all.Every market has different specs.Here every import purchase is different S R Rsport 300 chequered flag .

Thus I am totally confused as to what my 10. “ screen with no buttons can or cannot do.Neither the online or dealers can help .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12