Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing WiFi in 2016 XF

Post Thanks / Like

Installing WiFi in 2016 XF

I have a 2016 Jaguar XF sport with many technology upgrades but it doesn’t have WiFi. When I went to the dealership to get Google Play installed in my car they said they couldn’t do it because the car didn't come with factory WiFi and there is no way to get it installed now. Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there any work around?

Incontrol Apps stinks and I’m losing my mind!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

Thread moved to x260 XF section.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    x260 has wifi but you need to fit a data only sim. There's a module in the boot

Post Thanks / Like
    ALL Jaguars are bespoke built, each has it's own wiring loom at build. I used to work at GA who build the cockpits for Jaguar. If we found a wiring fault we had to repair it as loom replacement was just not an option.

If you are trying an upgrade you may need a lot more than you expected from the donor car.
    2067 plate XF 3.0TD-V6 Sport Sportbrake, another ex-demonstrator with all the toys.

2013 XF Sportbrake 3.0TD-V6 Premium Luxury. All the toys that were available.

Previous Jag's. 2001 2.5V6 X type SE Saloon & 2008 2.2TDi X type Sovereign Estate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can always set your phone as a hot spot

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought WiFi was standard on X260? If you have the InControl Touch Pro system (10" screen with no physical buttons down the side) there is a data sim card slot in the centre cubbyhole. If you have the standard InControl system (8" screen with physical buttons down both sides) I believe there is a data sim card slot somewhere in the boot. It might be worth trying a cheap, limited data sim card and then check in your InControl/connectivity screen to see what it says. Argos do a 1GB 30 day data only sim for 7 quid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Loofah View Post
    Can always set your phone as a hot spot
    I'm coming back to this as I said it out of hand based on what I'd heard. The thing is I now want to try it out and cannot for the life of me figure out how. Can't find any settings for it and the wifi menu doesn't let me change anything. Any help appreciated! I have the 8" InControl standard by the way

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to 'Settings' on your phone, then 'Connections'. Among the choices, there should be 'Mobile Hotspot & Thethering', or something similar. Select this, then choose set 'Mobile Hotspot' to 'On'. The car wi-fi should then see the wifi signal from your phone.
    J Bonington-Jagworth

X-Type 2.2SE 57 plate, Glacier Blue, Bermuda 7J x 17", Sat Nav,
    Cold Climate Pack, Heated Screen Washers, ACM, CD Changer

9. Thanks Loofah thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoningtonJagworth View Post
    Go to 'Settings' on your phone, then 'Connections'. Among the choices, there should be 'Mobile Hotspot & Thethering', or something similar. Select this, then choose set 'Mobile Hotspot' to 'On'. The car wi-fi should then see the wifi signal from your phone.
    That's what I was hoping for but the car doesn't seem to detect there's a phone hotspot to pick up on. No icons appear or system acknowledgements. It's an android phone, maybe the Jag doesn't like it?

Post Thanks / Like
    On your Home screen, either touch the right arrow or swipe to the left to get to your Extra Features screen. This should contain Timed climate, Cameras, ECO Data, Valet, Ambient lighting, Wi-Fi hotspot, Dynamic-i, Tow Bar, Screen off, ASI Suite - depending what was specced on your car. Is there an entry for WiFi Hotspot there? If not it looks like you don't have WiFi fitted, or maybe the WiFi only becomes available after a data SIM card is installed. This link might help (if it works). Good luck https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/doc.../proc/G1855011
    Last edited by KBeee; 03-12-19 at 08:21.

12. Thanks Loofah thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast