Thread: F-Pace 2019. Charging Connection Points.

Post Thanks / Like

F-Pace 2019. Charging Connection Points.

I will be leaving my F-Pace 'Parked' for approximately FIVE months, (under a 'Stormproof' cover) and intend connecting it to a NOCO G700 Intelligent Smart Charger. Can I connect this charger to the alternative connection points (under the bonnet), normally used for connecting 'Jump Leads' or a ' Starting Aid', rather than directly to the battery in the boot? (I am aware that 'Jaguar' recommends charging the battery removed from the vehicle, but this is not an option. Any Mater Auto Electricians out there to help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Certainly not advisable to leave the car unattended for that amount of time with the battery on charge. If you have someone to periodically check on it then the points under the bonnet will be ok if the charging leads can be secured.

If you have no-one to check on it then I would charge the battery first and then remove it and lock the car manually.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jimboy8.

Thanks for your reply. I do have someone who will regularly check on the charging process, to see if all is O.K. I am reluctant to remove the battery, as I expect it will have an adverse effect on some of the'systems' in much the same way as a 'flat' battery will cause the windows + other systems to require a re-set (according to Jaguar ) whatever that means.

4. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post