Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Purchased XJL

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the XJL Col50, what a machine.

You made the classic mistake of sitting in it / taking for a test drive......It's all over at that point lol.

Welcome to the XJ X351 section, good to have you with us.

Beautiful car, lovely interior too, tell us more, add some more pics etc etc. You might want to start your own thread here on the car moving forward, you can add all info there, it's a great way of keeping track of services / miles / events / mods or upgrades etc etc etc

Hope to hear more
    Cheers

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

2. Likes #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Col, she's a magnificent machine, ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
    David

2008 Jaguar XJ Sovereign LWB diesel (Sovereign Lady), silver, black leather, electric heated and cooled seats, electric pedal box, cool car !

2017 Yamaha MT-07 Tracer

4. Likes #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. Another fantastic car, lots of new owners coming to the X351 section which can only be good.
    2010 Jaguar XJ V8 Portfolio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its dark blue .But to be honest i thought when i first saw the advert for it that it was black .
    2013 XJL Portfolio
    2.7d sport with DPF

I find it best not to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent....

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly intend to Biglad . I enjoyed my old s type for a few years but i haven't stopped grinning when i am behind the wheel of this one .It just feels so special
    2013 XJL Portfolio
    2.7d sport with DPF

8. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats...lovely looking car mate. You fell into the trap of sitting in an XJ...B l o o d y fatal, ALWAYS means you are gonna buy it My Only reserve would be the alloys, are they the regular 19 inchers ? I do prefer the 20 inch versions, especially the Oronas. However, I am sure you will love the car, as for economy, had mine remapped and regularly returns 45-50mpg on runs, even seen 54!!....Enjoy
    My Big Cat

MY2013 XJ 3.0d Portfolio in Metallic Caviar, 20 inch Kasugas, remapped to +300bhp

Previous

1993 XJR 4.0 Supercharged

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Hard work never killed anyone....but why take the risk

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Billy I have to say i have no idea what size the wheels are i just looked to see what make tyres were on it (pirelli pzero) but didn't look at the size i will have to have a little look at some point . I have seen a couple of these with ditch catchers on them and it always amazes me when advert states also fully serviced and maintained regardless of cost and the cheapest tyres none to man are fitted .So tyre choice is one of first things i look at . But i haven't seen many with these wheels on them so i cant say if they are were just the standard basic fitment or not.
    2013 XJL Portfolio
    2.7d sport with DPF

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by col50 View Post
    Its dark blue .But to be honest i thought when i first saw the advert for it that it was black .
    Lovely, same colour then as my one .
    Previous Jaguars : 1985 4.2 Sov, 1988 3.6 Sov, 1990 4.0 Sov, 1994 3.2 Sov, 1998 4.0 Sov lwb, 2000 4.0 Sov lwb.2003 XJ 350 3.5se, 2011 XJL 3.0 Luxury
    Current cars : 2015 XJL 3.0 Portfolio, 2004 Xj Super V8 SWB, 2008 Transit ( my work van ), 2008 Mercedes GL420, 2015 Mercedes S500 AMG line

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by col50 View Post
    Hi Billy I have to say i have no idea what size the wheels are i just looked to see what make tyres were on it (pirelli pzero) but didn't look at the size i will have to have a little look at some point . I have seen a couple of these with ditch catchers on them and it always amazes me when advert states also fully serviced and maintained regardless of cost and the cheapest tyres none to man are fitted .So tyre choice is one of first things i look at . But i haven't seen many with these wheels on them so i cant say if they are were just the standard basic fitment or not.
    Those are the 19" Aleutian wheels, I had them on my last one and also have them on my current car, I actually have a spare set and tend to have them refurbished every so often, generally when I change the tyres . Comfortable ride on these wheels, I have been pleased with them on mine.
    Previous Jaguars : 1985 4.2 Sov, 1988 3.6 Sov, 1990 4.0 Sov, 1994 3.2 Sov, 1998 4.0 Sov lwb, 2000 4.0 Sov lwb.2003 XJ 350 3.5se, 2011 XJL 3.0 Luxury
    Current cars : 2015 XJL 3.0 Portfolio, 2004 Xj Super V8 SWB, 2008 Transit ( my work van ), 2008 Mercedes GL420, 2015 Mercedes S500 AMG line

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the comments guys .I have been way working all week so its just been sat in the drive but will probably use it again weekend to make sure the novelty hasn't worn off!!!!
    Roviw thank you for the info on what type of wheels are on it .To be honest i quite like them but there again not had a close look at some of the others .
    2013 XJL Portfolio
    2.7d sport with DPF

14. Likes JimC64 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12