Thread: Notifications

Post Thanks / Like

Notifications

Hi Guys,

I think this is the place for my query.

Is it possible to switch off the function that notifies me when I have posted a 'Like'?

I'm fine with notification of others liking one of my posts (don't laugh, it does happen!) but I don't need to be reminded that I posted one.

I know I'm getting on a bit but the memory hasn't gone completely!

Richard.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to Forum Actions on the tool bar up there ^, you can select Edit Profile.

In there, you can choose (from the bottom of the left hand column) "DB Tech Post Thanks" Settings: In there the world is your lobster.

(If the combination of settings you want isn't there, you are stuffed)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks,

Had a look. Seems I can indeed disable notifications but it's all or nothing.

Sage and onion on the way!

Richard.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

4. Likes mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only get notifications if someone has posted a 'like', 'thanks' or 'dislike' to one of my own posts but I don't get a notification when I post a 'like' for someone else - and there's nothing that I've had to disable for that.
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather