Thread: TPMS finally fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

TPMS finally fixed.

Today I finally got to the bottom of spurious TPMS warnings.
    I had new sensors last year, so I had to assume that they were good.

Recently, I started getting TPMS fault warnings. When I checked the codes, it was always a different wheel showing up. Clearing the codes solved it temporarily.
    That warning stopped appearing after a few weeks, but, I then started getting random check tire pressure warnings, it was on and off like a tarts knickers and was driving me nuts as it was totally random. Pressures were always correct.

I then decided after much reading that it must be the module under the drivers seat. A quick search on the Bay revealed a brand new one for just £100, bargain.
    It duly arrived and I fitted it today.

Much to my relief and surprise, it didn't need anything doing diagnostic wise via SDD, I just took it for a drive and it worked.
    I had been under the impression that it had to be coded to the car, but it appears not. No codes showing and nothing untoward on SDD, magic!

Just for input, I didn't follow the advice on the forum re; completely removing the drivers seat. I powered it rearward, removed the front 2 bolts and seatbelt bolt. Powered it forwards and tilted it fully forward as well before removing the rear 2 bolts. I then tilted the whole seat backwards towards the rear seat and held it in place with a metal bar from the floor to the metal frame under the seat. The rest was easy and I had it all back together in half an hour.

It's just so lovely being able to drive around without the warning going on and off. Happy days.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

2. Likes Robinus, Jimbov8, Trooper, #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see you've sorted your problem.
    Now driving an XF 2017 model 2 litre 180 hp Diesel Portfolio Ammonite Grey and Light Oyster Leather /Oyster Carpets.
    Previous.
    2009 X Type 2:2 Auto Sovereign.
    2008 X Type 2:2 Auto S Basic.
    2005 X Type 2 litre manual SE.

4. Likes Corbeliere liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done on getting to the root of the problem. Sounds like you found a good method of fixing it too.

Like many things on a Jaguar, there is often no rhyme or reason to some issues. I recently changed a wheel for a new one - which had also been fitted with a new TPMS sensor. I had expected that the car would have to 'learn' about the new sensor or that it would need to be coded to the car. Nope - it simply worked without any fuss or drama.
    2014 XF 3.0D Portfolio / 2006 Kia Picanto 1.1LX

6. Likes Corbeliere liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A quick update. I've driven a good few miles now with the new module and all is well, so I'm really pleased.

I did forget to mention that the faulty module never registered a fault code, neither on my SDD nor my Autel MOT Pro, I find that really odd.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know what the part number for the module you used was. I’m having similar problems with my 2011 xf diesel.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Here is the number for you. Genuine Jaguar XF 2009-15 Tyre pressure monitoring sensor module. C2P25960.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a TPMS yellow warning on the dash for several days. Got a tip on a US Honda site which uses the same system. If using a USB phone charger disconnect this first before searching for other issues. Sure enough I unplugged this and the fault has not appeared since.
    2011 Jaguar XF S 3.0D Luxury Premium Facelift

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently some of the USB chargers (cheap ?) affect the module as the ashtray socket is very close to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, mine always comes up with the warning when a specific charger is plugged in.
    Current. 2011 XFS Portfolio. Lunar Grey (LJZ) / Black (LEG).
    Previous. 2012 XF Premium Luxury. Remapped 307 BHP / 449 lb/ft. Italian Racing Red (CAH) / Barley
    Previous. 2005 55 reg 06MY 2.0D Sovereign. Jaguar Racing Green - HGZ.
    In storage.1988 Daimler XJ40. Bordeaux Red / Doeskin.