Thread: More Pain, Cylinder Head.

Post Thanks / Like

More Pain, Cylinder Head.

Hi All,
    I have my HE XJS with two stuck open Exhaust Valves on A Bank. So i'm in the process of taking the Head off using a Head removal tool, and i'm at the stage of needing to jack the engine up to get the head off.
    Issue i have is that despite removing the bolts on the rubber engine mounts, the whole car comes up as i'm lifting the engine from the front sandwich plate? I must have something fouling the jack, but i can't see anything! Can the rubber bond to the metal mounts? Are there any solid metal pipes i need to disconnect?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried again today, I'm only jacking the engine but the car is coming up too. What do you think, unbolt the mount to the subframe? Any one else had trouble lifting the engine enough to remove the A bank head?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, unbolt the engine to subframe mounts. The engine won't go anywhere otherwise. When I swapped out my from subframe I forgot to remove one of these mounts and couldn't understand why the apparently 'disconnected' sub frame wouldn't come out.

4. Thanks Digger22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that. It's also suggested as I lift the engine there will be frame lift as the suspension loses the weight of the engine, so I will give it another go on Thursday. Can't believe I didn't realise that! Happy New year all.