Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking at buying a Jaguar....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    You could get a really nice - if slightly older - XJ for that sort of money.
    Not exactly my kind of thing I'm a big estate fan (99,9% cars look better for me as estates, call it a fetish ). But I would consider an XF saloon... but for example, I would never consider to buy an S90

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by _Damian_ View Post
    Not exactly my kind of thing I'm a big estate fan (99,9% cars look better for me as estates, call it a fetish ). But I would consider an XF saloon... but for example, I would never consider to buy an S90
    Good man. Stick to your guns.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a former owner of a Volvo s90(2016) that car spent more time in the garage on warranty repairs than all 5 Jaguars I have owned(. 6 weeks odd vs a few days).
    I have always had higher specs on my Jags but the interiors were all very durable.I have only had the one XF but it has the Taurus perforated leather .The Volvo had problems with its leather seats and delamination of the leather dash.ive never had such issues with any leather in the Jags.If you get a Jaguar the key issue is making sure it has every spec you require .There is no such thing as fully loaded and you can’t retrofit easily. So little things like blind spot monitoring and folding mirrors are specced in some but not others.Same is true for media radio remote control pilot assist etc.Here in NZ these features are standard in Suzuki swifts and Volvo but not Jaguar. However provided you get the spec you want they are lovely cars.
    The first time I drove the s90 after purchase I nearly hit a wall because it struggled to pull round the corner. The XF is another world for steering and handling.
    White XF 2018 R-Sport 300 portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jasz1156 View Post
    As a former owner of a Volvo s90(2016) that car spent more time in the garage on warranty repairs than all 5 Jaguars I have owned(. 6 weeks odd vs a few days).
    I have always had higher specs on my Jags but the interiors were all very durable.I have only had the one XF but it has the Taurus perforated leather .The Volvo had problems with its leather seats and delamination of the leather dash.ive never had such issues with any leather in the Jags.If you get a Jaguar the key issue is making sure it has every spec you require .There is no such thing as fully loaded and you can’t retrofit easily. So little things like blind spot monitoring and folding mirrors are specced in some but not others.Same is true for media radio remote control pilot assist etc.Here in NZ these features are standard in Suzuki swifts and Volvo but not Jaguar. However provided you get the spec you want they are lovely cars.
    The first time I drove the s90 after purchase I nearly hit a wall because it struggled to pull round the corner. The XF is another world for steering and handling.
    That kind of comment is really appreciated, thanks!

I see a couple of listed saying... Sat nav ready, does it mean they took out the card from the sat nav?
    Last edited by _Damian_; 05-02-20 at 21:44.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Sportbrake corrected many of the criticisms of the saloon.

The Americans would love the Sportbrake but it was never offerred to them.
    2067 plate XF 3.0TD-V6 Sport Sportbrake, another ex-demonstrator with all the toys.

2013 XF Sportbrake 3.0TD-V6 Premium Luxury. All the toys that were available.

Previous Jag's. 2001 2.5V6 X type SE Saloon & 2008 2.2TDi X type Sovereign Estate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two quick questions:
    1: with option includes the passenger mirror "going" down by reversing, memory seats?
    2: if it's saying, "gps ready"... does it mean somebody took out the memory card with the maps?

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a setting where when you select reverse the nearside mirror automatically angles down so you can see the kerb to aid reversing. Then when resuming normal driving it resets back to the last position.
    I believe the memory seats and mirrors and steering wheel settings (if auto) can be set in one of three buttons.
    Not sure about the 'GPS Ready'.

Smarty
    My Jaguar is - XF Portfolio 2.0 2017 Diesel
    I also have a SWB Ford Transit for our dogs (5 Newfoundands and 2 English Cocker Spaniels)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    There is a setting where when you select reverse the nearside mirror automatically angles down so you can see the kerb to aid reversing. Then when resuming normal driving it resets back to the last position.
    I believe the memory seats and mirrors and steering wheel settings (if auto) can be set in one of three buttons.
    Not sure about the 'GPS Ready'.

Smarty
    So is it in every XF? If not what is it that you have to look for, as in 99,9% no one mentions it in the advert...
    Usually, in other cars you have it with the memory seats option...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry bought my Jag used, so not sure about if the dip reverse for the passenger mirror is standard. I saw a post on here so went looking. To be honest I don't need it, been reverse parking for over 40 years although the rear camera gives that extra view!

Smarty
    My Jaguar is - XF Portfolio 2.0 2017 Diesel
    I also have a SWB Ford Transit for our dogs (5 Newfoundands and 2 English Cocker Spaniels)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    I am sorry bought my Jag used, so not sure about if the dip reverse for the passenger mirror is standard. I saw a post on here so went looking. To be honest I don't need it, been reverse parking for over 40 years although the rear camera gives that extra view!

Smarty
    My will be used as well, but I really want that as I have it in my car and the previous one and use it a lot... the kerbs are really high where I live

11. Likes Smarty liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123