Thread: New to Jaguars

Post Thanks / Like

New to Jaguars

Morning fellow Jaguar owners

My name is Ali and i live in town called Shrewsbury in the UK. Last night i took possession of a lovely 2010 X351 Portfolio, after pondering for some time whether to keep with BMW's, i was looking at a few 740D's or go for something completely different and the XJ won hands down because of the amount of standard equipment fitted, as opposed to the Germans and there optional extras. Although i was a bit disappointed this morning to find that mine doesn't have a TV or DAB radio.

I do all my own servicing and will be carrying out a oil and filter change in the coming days, i will be doing the oil change the conventional way via the sump plug, i have never liked the suction method.

The 240 mile drive back home last night after collecting the car was fabulous, it reminds me of my old S class although not as sure footed as my current 5 Series(i will miss this car), zero noise from outside and very good suspension.

Was very surprised that my XJ isn't suffering any creaking noises from the sunroof, like i have read on the forums, maybe i have spoken too soon.

Anyway time to give the interior a good clean(stinks of cigarette smoke) but i paid well below the market price and have a lot of bills that came with the car totaling a few thousand pounds, so i cant moan really.

2. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice 1 Ali the car is a peach looks the business.
    Welcome to the world of XJ.
    Paul.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Paul
    Really nice to meet you today, i really like your XJ, those wheels your sold me are going to look great on my car, when i eventually find someone brave enough to swap the tires over, i have decided to go with the colour they came with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterbish View Post
    Hi Paul
    Really nice to meet you today, i really like your XJ, those wheels your sold me are going to look great on my car, when i eventually find someone brave enough to swap the tires over, i have decided to go with the colour they came with.
    Cheers Ali
    It was also great to meet you today .
    The wheels will look great on your car I'm sure .
    Post up some pics when you have them fitted .
    I we said it was nice to see your car as I have been looking at these cars for months now and I have seen maybe 5 and I have been all over from newcastle to Devon.
    So rare cars which is nice ..
    Paul.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard and to XJ X351 ownership Masterbish

As you've probably found out, a lot of car for the money and I'm sure you're enjoying it.

Any plans for the car as far as upgrades or mods etc go?

Hope to see you in the XJ section, might be worth considering starting your own ownership experience as a thread in the section.

All the best
    Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors