Thread: 5.0 n/a what are the differences vs SC engine?

Post Thanks / Like

5.0 n/a what are the differences vs SC engine?

Hi All

I'm looking for an engine swap project to make use of the mechanicals from my impact-damaged (engine + trans OK) XF 5.0 2010.

The most obvious option is to install this in another XF 5.0. In fact, I have a candidate lined up...

But, I've also come across an XJ Supersport in need of a replacement engine. So here's my question:

Can anyone tell me, besides the blower, are there major differences (internal etc) between the 5.0 SC and the 5.0 n/a engine?

And, is it realistic to consider transplanting a 5.0 into an SC, and are there some SC AJ-8 engined cars where that would be easier than others?

(Specifically, besides 5.0 n/a engined cars, I'm also looking for XFR and Range Rover SC in need of engines, and not sure whether this is feasible.)

Any advice much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    A normally aspirated engine cannot be fitted with a supercharger as, amongst a couple of other things, the compression ratios are different, you would blow the engine. The ECU's would be different too.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that. It sounds like it might not be the easy option I was hoping for.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok. here goes.. the 5.0 n/a uses different heads and cams. the pistons are different as well. the crank and rods are the same tho. as for using the range rover motor. yep just change the sump and pick pipes over. rear oil seal are the same.

terry
    2002 4.2 s type